Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Forum Member

Interval shooting on Aperture Priority

Hi all,

I believe I just found a bug with the K3. I set the intervalometer to take 40 shots on my telescope that doesn't show the F stop - it shows as 3 seconds for example as a test shot at ISO400 when taking bias files - I find that it will only take say 16 of those 40 shots if I have the interval set to 2 seconds because it looks like the timer starts as soon as the button is pushed, not when the exposure is finished! I have to set the interval to 4 seconds instead to get it to work properly

Cheers, Mike

07-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #2
Unregistered User

I have found that the intervall trigger sets every X seconds you specify so if you set 10 seconds and have exposures of 15 seconds the trigger that comes during exposure will be discarded. I think the engineer was thinking daylight and fast shutter speeds when doing this, not long exposures. Not really a bug, more of a philosophy. I would like to have the option to set it as it is today but also being able to set a pause time instead of intervall time.
07-02-2014, 05:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's not just the K3, the k30, 50 etc. all work the same. You need to account for the exp. time, the time it takes to process the dark frames, if it's a long exp. or high ISO, and then add the time you want between each shot. It takes a little trial and error to get the interval your happy with. My setting when I take 12 sec exp at ISO800 is about 28 sec interval, and I get about 4 sec between shots. (But it's really 16 sec between shots because of the processing time.
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kendigitize Quote
It's not just the K3, the k30, 50 etc. all work the same.
Ditto for many (most?) other intervalometers. Consistency of interval drives the process.

Steve