Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens correction and firmware update

I recently updated my K3 with the new firmware. I noticed that all of my lens corrections went to "0". Is that typical for firmware updates or could there another cause for loosing the lens corrections that I had in the camera.

07-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The firmware update may have reset all the values. I noticed that one of my lens was reset to 0 as well but I didn't think much about it at the time. Now that you mention this I will have to take a look because the same thing probably happened to me and I will have to go through and retune all my lenses. Thanks for posting this before I took too many photos with AF adjustments that were reset.
07-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Be careful with that, though. I noticed that after one of the firmware updates I no longer needed as many of the fine adjustments that I did originally. I had several lenses that needed adjustments at one time. I think I may have one now, and I'm not sure I even have that.
07-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
lense corrction and firmware update.

I went through them and they all needed about the same as before. The reason I caught it was the some photos were not a sharp as they should have been. I decided to check the lens correction and they were all at zero. There is no other reason that I can think of that would have caused them to reset to default other then the firmware update. If this really was the cause then I would think that Pentax would make mention of that.