Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
iPad with K-3 workflow

I use my iPad to review work in the field. Just this week I was unable to review my K3 raw files. The downloaded files appeared as generic raw icons, no JPEG data coming out of the image. I can still see PEFs downloaded previously. I could pull the jpegs from the card in slot two. Raw files from my GX7 still display. I had to use PhotoRaw app to preview the files from the K3. I have any IOS 7.1.2 on the iPad. Strange behavior and not a major issue. Just curious if others have noticed. Going to post response on apple forum.

07-19-2014, 02:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think Apple has updated the raw for the K-3 in iOS yet. They took for ever to do it in OSX too. It's a waiting game. I just bought a laptop so I can deal with raw files when away from home.

Otherwise you have to go the convert to JPEG or tiff before export to the iPad. Too many steps for me.
07-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With a K-3, use a second card to record jpegs for review in the field. You can load them into your iPad with a card reader, or over a network with the flu card.
07-19-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Shooting tethered with flu card and android phone.

I have had the flu card for the K3 for a couple of months now and it is just brilliant. I used it to shoot a church ceiling and it is great because you can compose then take a variety of shots and review them al without moving the camera on the tripod. What they don't make clear is that you have to set the K3 to shoot jpegs to the flu card in order to see the shots. I set it to shoot raws to the first card slot. The other thing is that you have to hold my Motorola phone vertically to see the controls on the screen.

On another matter, I use Macs and i have had no problem with raw files when setting the camera so shoot DNG raws. I do not have an iPad so cannot comment on that.