Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Underwater housing suggestions for my K-3?

Hi all,

Thinking about taking my K-3 out into the ocean to take pics on vacation. I'm looking for recommendations for underwater housings.

Thanks!

08-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chrisb3 Quote
Hi all,

Thinking about taking my K-3 out into the ocean to take pics on vacation. I'm looking for recommendations for underwater housings.

Thanks!
It depends on where you are going and just how durable you want it to be. I can get you with people that will custom make one for you but it's not cheap at all. It's the same stuff the surf photography pros use.

Other than that I think there are a few other cheaper 'light use' options out there.
08-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
interested_observer, Thanks for the links!

Alamo5000, I'm not looking for anything particularly expensive. Just wanted something to put the camera in so I could walk out into the ocean and take some pictures without having to worry that I'll hose a $1,200 camera.

I like the ewa marine bags, but they're a little out of my budget right now. I may pick up the dicacap WP-S10 this week.

Thanks for the responses!