Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 06:48 PM - 5 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Man, what you can do with a K-3

My favorite Old San Juan Garita
I had a diabolical master plan for getting these shots of my favorite Garita (guard shack) of Old San Juan. Not that they won't let you take pictures of them. They just won't let you climb out on the ramparts to get the best angle. What was in my favor is that this Garita, is the farthest from the entrance. So I showed up right when they opened in the morning and hoofed it up to the top of Castillo de San Cristóbal and started shooting. My hope was that the part rangers were still having their morning coffee and mallorca. It worked, because I never got caught or yelled at which is a first. It's not that I am doing any damage to the World Heritage Site that is the fort, it's that they don't want me falling to my death from the ramparts. I didn't....

Attached is the original RAW file and the Lightroom adjusted image.

The lens was my trusty A50 1.4 as you can see I underexposed the Garita in order to get some sky and sea in the extreme lighting. Knowing I could seriously pull down the highs and pump up the lows. This is a single exposure.

The K-3 is such a fantastic all around camera, compared to my ME-Super in 1979 its nothing short of magic.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
08-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good shots. Like it.
08-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice!
Are you located here? or were you visiting? My office is across the bay....

Thanks!
08-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Nice!
Are you located here? or were you visiting? My office is across the bay....

Thanks!
We come every summer for 2 weeks and spend most of our time on Vieques