Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaalegre Quote
I am having the same problem since the firmware update . I can take picture and set the camera but no Live view. Hope theirs a fix for this...
I update the card thinking it may work but still had the same issues..........
Did you see the prior post? Do.you have "Composition Adjust."? (Camera menu 3/Live View/Composition Adjust.) Unchecked? It took weeks to.figure it out but that was the issue. It's a few posts up

09-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must have overlook it I did not realize it was on I rarely use live view. That was the issue THANKS
09-30-2014, 02:05 AM   #33

If you download the operation manual from http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/o-fc1_operation_en.pdf, you can see the Caution at page 5:

Caution
• Remote Capture cannot be used when the camera is used in the following conditions.
• When a drive mode other than Single Frame Shooting is set
• During Movie mode
• While adjusting a composition (Composition Adjustment)
• During the USB/HDMI connection
09-30-2014, 02:32 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They should of said
In Live View -While adjusting a composition (Composition Adjustment)

09-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-3-lover Quote
If you download the operation manual from http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/o-fc1_operation_en.pdf, you can see the Caution at page 5:

Caution
• Remote Capture cannot be used when the camera is used in the following conditions.
• When a drive mode other than Single Frame Shooting is set
• During Movie mode
• While adjusting a composition (Composition Adjustment)
• During the USB/HDMI connection
That is not in my huge fold out instruction booklet that came with the card....oh, now I see it, in small print under "memo" section. The link you provided above is listed where I am supposed to download a second manual "for more information" Yes, it wouldn't make any sense to include that actual information in a printed "User Guide" that comes with the card, I need to go download a second manual called "User Guide"

What I find odd is that I never use live view, and even the pentax manual says I need to go in and check it to use composition adjustment and I used the card just fine before, and it happened to change after a firmware upgrade - I don't see how I could have accidentally checked that on.

Weeks of emails between flu-card people and pentax tech support and no one thought to direct me to that site, but the first thing they asked me was if I was in single frame shooting.
10-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
yes, using slot 2. Firmware on camera is 1.10. I did upgrade firmware on card with link pentax sent me on my first card and it blew out the card and lost the mac address, so I used this second card straight from the box, Adorama replaced it for me for free. When I used the first card, it worked for a few weeks, then I had this issue. If I used the card in slot 1, I would not be getting the interface or wireless connection, which I am, and it is communicating with the camera to release the shutter, but won't give me a live view on my laptop, tower or kindle screen (I won't mention the kindle anymore because I know it is not supported, but I am having the same issue using Chrome and Safari on my laptop and tower)

My next step is testing on an windows laptop. I believe I had these issues after I upgraded camera firmware, but I can't roll back the firmware to test. I was wondering if it is a setting, but I sent screen shots to Pentax of all my settings and they see no issue. I prefer not to get a third card replacement, because I just don't think that is the problem. I will watch the video and see if I missed something

Just want to add I bought the card as part of the set through Adorama so I am sure it is the right card for the camera.

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 01:45 PM ----------

Wow, really helpful video and it explains why I couldn't view raw files, but I still get the same problem. I thought maybe I didn't have the live view option on, but that is not it. It gives me the warning message "The operation could not be completed correctly" so something is wrong somewhere, not just something I am doing to not be able to view it. Darn.
I also cant get a live view on FLU/K3 . I have tried Android pc and Itunes . No live view
10-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #37

Live view with Flu Card does not work

Just about to send back the Flu Card because Live view would not show. Thanks to this board its fixed. Just go to k3 menu Live View and turn compensation adjust off. Thanks Thanks Thanks

10-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twopolo Quote
Just about to send back the Flu Card because Live view would not show. Thanks to this board its fixed. Just go to k3 menu Live View and turn compensation adjust off. Thanks Thanks Thanks
I am glad it helped.....what I don't get is why they buried this bit of information which is only found on the website in the last line of a downloadable file.
09-24-2015, 06:31 AM   #39

Thanks so much - Compensation

"Composition Adjust."? (Camera menu 3/Live View/Composition Adjust.) Unchecked?

---definitely just saved me hours on the phone with B&H.

I figured it was user error....just wish Pentax had provided better instructions....also not really excited that the English version of the very limited installation instructions was located in the middle of a huge fold out....looks like the English speaking market was about 8th down on their level of priorities.