Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good for you.
This is entirely what return policies are for
Sometimes I do think people go a bit liberal with them :^)
But this was 100% applicable

09-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #62

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
Good for you.
This is entirely what return policies are for
Sometimes I do think people go a bit liberal with them :^)
But this was 100% applicable
Yes. Especially since the package was unopened and delivery was refused. Thus there is only the shipping cost involved and no usage issues thanks to the forum members who helped make my decision prior to all that.
09-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hope you like the k-5IIs, it is a great camera!
09-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chicagojohn Quote
Yes. Especially since the package was unopened and delivery was refused. Thus there is only the shipping cost involved and no usage issues thanks to the forum members who helped make my decision prior to all that.
I guess we both go through the same thought process, take the k-5IIs now (it is indeed a nice camera). However, sooner or later, I have a feeling that I will add the k-3, making the k-5IIs my backup camera.

09-10-2014, 04:16 AM   #65

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Hope you like the K5-IIs, it is a great camera!
Thank you; I'm sure I will. I shot a jpg yesterday to check the shutter count and got 1 click. Perfect. That'll be my last jpg. I am planning to use it mostly on a tripod (I have a very sturdy Induro carbon fiber one) with SR off, LV 10X focus, remote trigger etc. to try and take best advantage of no AA filter. I'm going to do some trials as soon as the weather clears up using my two highest resolution lenses; Pentax f/4 SMC DA* 300mm and Tamron f/2.8 90mm macro; and I'm hoping for nice sharpness at 100% crop. I may post a few on the forums, maybe here just for sake of closure.
09-10-2014, 04:38 AM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chicagojohn Quote
Thank you; I'm sure I will. I shot a jpg yesterday to check the shutter count and got 1 click. Perfect. That'll be my last jpg. I am planning to use it mostly on a tripod (I have a very sturdy Induro carbon fiber one) with SR off, LV 10X focus, remote trigger etc. to try and take best advantage of no AA filter. I'm going to do some trials as soon as the weather clears up using my two highest resolution lenses; Pentax f/4 SMC DA* 300mm and Tamron f/2.8 90mm macro; and I'm hoping for nice sharpness at 100% crop. I may post a few on the forums, maybe here just for sake of closure.
You know your title on the thread is a contradiction now, I hope you are going to change to the other thread with all the other why I wont's.
09-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #67

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
You know your title on the thread is a contradiction now, I hope you are going to change to the other thread with all the other why I wont's.
Life is full of contradictions

09-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #68
Pentaxian

Looks like this thread isn't going to have 1000 posts and have long discussions about cheese and bacon....in the end, the why "I will buy a K-3" morphed into yet another a "why I won't buy a K-3" thread. Such is life in Pentaxland.

Pentax (and Tokyo) is doomed.
09-14-2014, 01:55 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pentax (and Tokyo) is doomed.
I hope not! I've just done my bit and purchased a K-3 and DA 18-135mm kit.
09-14-2014, 02:37 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
I hope not! I've just done my bit and purchased a K-3 and DA 18-135mm kit.
good on you. who knows, it might be their last top of the line before doomsday :-)
09-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Agree with the Move to the other thread

While it might seem a minor thing, I do think the thread should be moved to "why I won't buy" as the decision has been made, or at least relabeled "My decision not to buy a K3". This is not a criticism for Chicago John who pulled a lot of good information out the forum members to help him make his decision, that decision is now done.

My 2cs.
09-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #72
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Hope you like the k-5IIs, it is a great camera!
I am really enjoying mine!
06-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #73

HELP -- Lens designation & compatibility

I have read & reread all the postings & specs I can find, I have researched cameras & lenses and prayed to the AA Gods. Still have no concrete answer.
Does - Will k5 iis lenses work (full function) with a K3 ii?
I have a K5 iiS w/ Pentax 18~55mm, 50~200mm, Sigma 150~500mm & Metz 52AF flash, a Benro mono pod w/ chicken foot & Slik U110 tripod from 35mm days.
From what I read (I'm not the most tech savvy) the K3 ii is good and it has a few features I kind of like (Like for $1000 is yet to be determined)
I am starting a very small electronic photo/image business to help local Small Business advertise and think these 2 bodies w/ current lenses will be a good start
BTW I have been using Pentax & Ricoh for a "very" long time (1980) I still have 100% functional Pentax K1000 & Ricoh XR-7 with 28mm, 35~70mm, 80~200mm lenses & Vivitar 2300 flash in an old Tenba bag.
06-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skipdesro Quote
Does - Will k5 iis lenses work (full function) with a K3 ii?
Short answer is: YES.

Longer answer is: Pentax is noted for the compatibility of lenses, ALL k-mount lenses will work with forward compatibility. That is any feature in a given lens will work in a newer camera although that feature may not work in an older camera. For example an auto-focus lens will still work on a manual focus camera but it will not auto focus.

Some of the features on the newest lens (DFA 150-450) will not work on the k-5IIs but will work on the k-3II.
06-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #75

Short answer is: YES.

Longer answer is: Pentax is noted for the compatibility of lenses, ALL k-mount lenses will work with forward compatibility. That is any feature in a given lens will work in a newer camera although that feature may not work in an older camera. For example an auto-focus lens will still work on a manual focus camera but it will not auto focus.

Some of the features on the newest lens (DFA 150-450) will not work on the k-5IIs but will work on the k-3II.
1000 x thank you
Now here's one you can't answer Do I like it $1000 worth? Nice bells & whistles but I still haven't found them all on the K5
Thanks again..