Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #31
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is real cool and reminds me of the manual focus on my Canon G2 (also supported tethering out of the box). It would be nice to have an AF "nudge" feature in live view. In the mean time, I believe you can use the HDMI out to do magnified live view on an external HD monitor if you like that.

Steve
I want my tethering software and I will not settle for any work arrounds. *Foot down hard*

09-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
*Foot down hard*
Try both feet at same time! Do it enough and even Ricoh/Pentax will notice

Steve
09-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nothing is free. There is only a combination of prioritized features at a price. Oly has a different priority ranking than Ricoh does for Pentax.
09-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
You misread that.

One person said "They say late Sept for Pentax's software" -- that's the software from pentax, which has indeed been announced in late september. Nothing to do with Adobe, except that the person was posting on the adobe forum.
Ahh yes, my mistake.

09-27-2014, 03:25 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Try both feet at same time! Do it enough and even Ricoh/Pentax will notice

Steve
Also hold your breath until you turn blue. That ought to do it.
09-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe, maybe not. Next camera? Probably, as an 'Accessory' software package.
09-27-2014, 05:59 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Next camera? Probably, as an 'Accessory' software package.
The irony is that Pentax had a software package that did the job (PENTAX REMOTE Assistant Software for the istD, K10D, K20D) and was a free download. But from the K20D onwards, they dropped support for their own tethering software. At that point they should have thrown open their API to others like Adobe, since they were no longer offering anything in that space.

Pentax only revived their own tethering efforts very late into the piece after the release of the 645D (Pentax Image Transmitter S-SW123 - $200) and now the 645Z (Image Transmitter 2 - $??), and of course with the Flucard ($100). But it's a piecemeal effort with no consistency or simplicity. The Flucard works with the 645Z but not the 645D, nor any DSLR's earlier than the K-3, and Image Transmitter v1 for the 645D seems incompatible with the 645Z. And none of the 645 tethering software works on cameras other than the 645 series.

They need a good chief software architect or something.

09-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
ok so I have found this software which does allow lightroom to find my K5 body Sony, Konica Minolta, Pentax and Samsung Tethered Capture Plug-in for Lightroom - DNA Software , down side is that it only imports jpegs and the camera does not record to the card so no raw images can be saved as far as I can see.

I have downloaded the demo and it works fine for a K5

I see the K30 is listed but not the K3, given that PKtether will not work with a K30 perhaps this software will work with a k3?

it needs someone who has a k3 to down load the free test version and see what happens.
09-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
someone who has a k3 to down load the free test version and see what happens.
No luck. Doesn't detect the K-3. No surprise then that they do not have it listed.
09-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh that's a pity, thank you for trying, it looks like the software will in fact download raw if you use the purchased version from a FAQ I read on their website but I have asked them the question to confirm.

If it does raw it's a nice solution for K5 and others but does not solve my problem over a k3 purchase as per my opening posts at the start of this thread.
09-28-2014, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I had a reply from DNA software in the full version it downloads raw and jpegs to a user created folder on the PC and shows the normal editable images in lightroom, you can also via the lightroom display adjust settings and take images as you still can on the camera.
No K3 compatibility but every other model however, so my original post when I started this post is still answered, for all of it being a flag ship model you can't do studio tethering, unbelievable realy.
05-21-2015, 10:10 PM - 1 Like   #42

We have one idea which we'd like to check up. So if k-3 tethering is still actual and somebody would like to check possibility of the K-3 to be controlled please contact me via pm or better via site's mentioned 2 messages before this with contact form. For now we could only check Windows tethering possibility for K-3.
If 645z owners would like to do the same check they are very welcome to.