Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photographykn Quote
However i'd really like to get a K3 for it's ... nice primes ...
I think you are in for a pleasant surprise. Pentax glass is highly regarded, and once you see the results you will appreciate why.

In particular, wait till you try out some Limited series primes.... nothing else like it anywhere.

Happy shooting.

10-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I guess I must be missing something. When shooting, by the time i look from the view finder to the screen the pic is there. I don't use live view much but even when I do the pic is on the screen instantly. Unless maybe when I shoot a big burst and fill the buffer. But then aren't you asking your model to wait while you review several pics. I would think you are using this feature in the studio to check lighting etc. and then when you get things the way you want them you go for it. ??

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 08:22 AM ----------

Sorry to leave out one important fact I'm using a K5 with these kind of response times. I'm waiting for a couple of changes in the K3 which I think are coming soon. Look at the deals on Adorama and elsewhere, somethings up, they are not that charitable a K3 with grip, 540 flash etc. for $996! with the freebees the camera costs less than $400!
10-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #33

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and so excited to be a part of it! Just wanted to share when I was in my freshman year of college I took a beginners photography course. The instructor recommended to those without cameras to look into purchasing a Pentax k1000!
I was told that due to its lack of automatic features it would be the best camera for a student such as myself! I purchase purchased the camera and was extremely surprised! The camera surpassed all of my expectations! I'm excited to be a part of this form and look forward to me conversations!
Attached Images

10-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
I guess I must be missing something. When shooting, by the time i look from the view finder to the screen the pic is there. I don't use live view much but even when I do the pic is on the screen instantly. Unless maybe when I shoot a big burst and fill the buffer. But then aren't you asking your model to wait while you review several pics. I would think you are using this feature in the studio to check lighting etc. and then when you get things the way you want them you go for it. ??

---------- Post added 10-01-2014 at 08:22 AM ----------

Sorry to leave out one important fact I'm using a K5 with these kind of response times. I'm waiting for a couple of changes in the K3 which I think are coming soon. Look at the deals on Adorama and elsewhere, somethings up, they are not that charitable a K3 with grip, 540 flash etc. for $996! with the freebees the camera costs less than $400!
Agree. Ricoh/Pentax is up to something. Maybe FF or higher res K3 if such a beast is possible.

10-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #35
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Agree. Ricoh/Pentax is up to something. Maybe FF or higher res K3 if such a beast is possible.
The pixel density is enough on the K-3. A 24MP FF would be great so I can start using f/16 again...

---------- Post added 10-02-14 at 04:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mnotary1 Quote
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and so excited to be a part of it! Just wanted to share when I was in my freshman year of college I took a beginners photography course. The instructor recommended to those without cameras to look into purchasing a Pentax k1000!
I was told that due to its lack of automatic features it would be the best camera for a student such as myself! I purchase purchased the camera and was extremely surprised! The camera surpassed all of my expectations! I'm excited to be a part of this form and look forward to me conversations!
Welcome to the party!

By the way, I think your post should be in another thread, the "welcome thread"
10-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Photographykn Quote
sorry for the late reply but thanks for all the help guys
does anybody have some K3 portrait samples ?
This is my son with the FA 77 (a highly recommended lens in my opinion).