Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2014, 04:45 AM - 1 Like   #1

Repair turn around time.

Anyone else have a nightmare repair experience lately with pentax in regards to the K3? I sent my K3in for repair for the on board flash the end of May2014 and it's still I the shop and I am not getting any updates about repair time or anything. It is getting frustrating and I'm not sure that this should even be happening. IIs there anyone who is having the same experience lately with Pentax...? I know they recently changed repair facilities but is this acceptable to anyone else here or am I just being a bit paranoid that I don't have any idea when I'm getting it back? :mad I call and get nothing. I don't know what else to do

09-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Not with a K3, but my 50-135 lens took nearly 4 months to get back to me.
09-26-2014, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would demand a new camera from the vender and let them have the problem on there hands. As a customer you should expect a reasonable time but MAY is not reasonable. I sent my 18-135 WR and my Tamron 17-50 to the workshop. They repair and service both Pentax and Tamron. After one week I called and asked about the status. He was not sure and was waiting for a respons from Pentax in France. After two weeks I called again and then he told me that since he could not solve the problem for a unknown time he made Pentax/Tamron send me two new lenses and they arrived at the beginning of the third week. I live in Sweden.