Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Forum Member

K3 Dead card slots.

Hi guys,
I have had strange occurrences with the K3 with regard to the card slots. Occasionally shots didn't not appear on the No. 1 card, I soon realized that the shots had in fact gone to the 2nd. card slot, sometimes the LCD top display would not show the "shots to left to shoot numbers" and only the arrow to the second card would be shown, putting in the No. 1 card again would remedy the fault.
This went on for a while until the other day when the No. 1 slot refused to respond once and for all, "No card in the camera" was also shown on the screen, I shot some more using the second slot. A few days later the second slot refused to work and on both card slots the message on the screen was "no card in camera" and the camera eeffectively could store no more photos.
I have sent it in to Pentax service who told me it would require a complete new board!

10-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sounds like the issue that has been previously reported in this forum - that you have to sequence the order in which you load the cards, and how awkward it is to even try and switch between cards when shooting overflow mode. 'Engineers logic'. The camera seems fussy like that.

I've experienced it myself, but just always format all un-used or newly inserted cards in slot 1 first, then do the same for slot 2, and try and avoid swapping the cards about until both are full.

Still, if you got a new circuit board out of it, that's a good result I guess.