Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some K-3 questions...

How do you toggle between the memory cards? When you press the button the camera only goes Beep. I have enable both in the custom function.

The rear display doesn't seem to work like that on the K-7. I would like to have the level indicator on the back screen with the touch of a button (info) like on the K-7. This doesn't seem to be possible. Either you get it on at all time when turning on the camera or you get nothing. I'm I missing something?

It seems like theres no lens correction for the F fish-eye zoom. At least this option is disabled when the lens is mounted. A pity, cause you really want dirstortion correction with this lens!

10-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
How do you toggle between the memory cards? When you press the button the camera only goes Beep. I have enable both in the custom function.
as far as i know you only can set in the menu (and when pushing the info button) on which card you want to save your pictures (raw and/or jpeg). the button to switch between the cards only works when viewing the pictures you have taken, you can see in the right upper corner which card you are working with at the moment (when you save raw on card 1 and jpeg on card 2 you see the same picture when switching between the cards, only difference is the file format)
10-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I believe the level indicator can be assigned to the Raw/fX button on the K-3. Otherwise you can get to it by pressing the info button several times.
10-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
I believe the level indicator can be assigned to the Raw/fX button on the K-3. Otherwise you can get to it by pressing the info button several times.
I'll try the Raw button.
However, the pressing the info button works but only when the the rear display is always on when turning on the camera or activating the meter. You cannot just turn it on when needed like on the K-7. On the latter, the rear display only lits up (if so configured) when you press the info button. Press twice for level indicator.

10-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This behavior change has bugged me but nowadays I have the display turned off all the time and I no longer feel I need it. It has been a long jurney to accept it...
Instead I use the lever indication in the viewfinder and I think it works fine.
10-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Setting up a User mode sounds like the best way to get what you want.