Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K3 bundled software quesion.

A few years ago a found this site and you guys force me to get a K5. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

A year late I was going and got a K5-IIs as in cameras two is one and one is none. More Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

But I found that the software that came with the K5 did no open the RAW images made with the K5-IIs. No problem, I foudn that the software that came with the K5-IIs worked with both cameras.

A few weeks ago I got a great deal on an MX-1. The K5 software cannot open it so I loaded the software that came with the MX-1. Love the little critter. Handy to have around. Great lens on it too.

I am about pull the trigger on a K3 Prestige. Does anyone know if the software that comes with the K3 will also work with images made with the K5 and K5-IIs?

Since using several different s/w programs becomes a bit of a pain, I am just wondering if it is time to get a full blown version of SilxyPix, Lightroom or some other program that will work with all of them.

Thanks for any replies.

10-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't know anything about the bundled software as I haven't yet opened my birthday gift of a K-50... I'm trying very hard to be patient. However, the "Creative Cloud" photography platform is only $10 a month and it gives you full blown versions of Lightroom and Photoshop.
10-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yeah, the software with the k-3 will open images from the k-5.
10-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I am just wondering if it is time to get a full blown version of SilxyPix, Lightroom or some other program that will work with all of them.
My suggestion would be to get a copy of Lightroom, learn it and never look back, it does a great job of developing all files and far more importantly allows you to organize and retrieve your images in the future. If you want a program that only develops RAW files then there are many (some free) choices as well.