Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I mean another SD slot if you are using a battery grip.... what I was going to suggest that, the extra slot is good when you are not using grip, but most pros use grip, the second slot becomes redundant (as there will be 3 SD slots).
The second in body allow for:
- instantly write to the next SD card when one is full. Grip doesn't provide that.
- mirror all photos to 2 SD card so as minimize impact of a faulty SD card or instantly share with familly/friends. Grip doesn't provide that.
- There still another SD card when you forgot the first one in the computer. Grip provide that but will not work if you decide to go light and keep grip at home.
- Conveniant place to store another SD. Grip does provide that... But add size to the body.

12-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
The second in body allow for:
- instantly write to the next SD card when one is full. Grip doesn't provide that.
- mirror all photos to 2 SD card so as minimize impact of a faulty SD card or instantly share with familly/friends. Grip doesn't provide that.
- There still another SD card when you forgot the first one in the computer. Grip provide that but will not work if you decide to go light and keep grip at home.
- Conveniant place to store another SD. Grip does provide that... But add size to the body.
I am not against it; especially when it has not added any size/weight to the camera in my k-3. Besides, I always keep an extra card in my camera bag, so no big difference for me (if card is full or fail or I forgot that I left in my computer, I just use the spare one in my camera bag).
12-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Make the "strobists" happy already!?
02-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #64

Original Poster
First post updated

02-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Articulating rear LCD and better video options.

And built-in wi-fi. That is a must.
+1
advanced SR
02-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #66

I hope for some OVF info along right edge (top-down), i.e. shutter speeds or aperture stops (I prefer 'analogue' dots rather than today's digital shutter/aperture reading, 'analog' is quicker to estimate just like watch dial), then we got some place at the bottom to show-up the zoom setting (in mm) and the distance (in ft/m) read by AF.
BTW how do you live in America with milimeters of focal lenght?
02-22-2015, 12:30 PM   #67
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prakticant Quote
I hope for some OVF info along right edge (top-down),
BTW how do you live in America with milimeters of focal lenght?

You just get used to all the hybridized measurements. I have metric and fractional wrenches in my tool box.
02-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #68

Original Poster
Could you say it in terms that a 7 years old children could understand

02-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can't really imagine much I would change, it's such a solid, nice camera. Better sensor, wifi, a live develop mode?
02-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #70
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Articulating rear LCD.
I'd rather have a tilting screen.
Tilting screen is simpler to implement, smaller, and less obvious when I'm using it to be inconspicuous.
02-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Having had cameras with screens that do all kinds of things, I actually like the fixed screen. Less to go wrong.
02-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #72
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
-Improving high ISO sensitivity and Noise (they can lower the sensor size for that)
-New AF with better point spread
-Wifi, Tethering
-Articulated Screen
-A more robust Video mode with more controls
-Drop-prof from 4 feet
-Embedded dual purpose focusing screen for MF use
03-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Well, I don't work for Pentax and I'm not a DSLR designer! I just know that Pentax (and others) have had hybrid viewfinder patents for a while now. I also know that EVFs can make me a bit noxious when used in lower light. I know I love focus peaking. And I know that if Pentax insists on not making any k-mount camera without an optical viewfinder (ie a K-01 successor), then I'd like to have peaking info in the viewfinder. Alternatively, I'd take a K-03 - just remove the mirror box of a K-3 and add a tilting LCD. I'd buy that too!
EVF's give you gas(Noxious)or make you sick(Nauseous)?
03-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #74
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
EVF's give you gas(Noxious)or make you sick(Nauseous)?
Both. Which is why I prefer an OVF
03-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #75

I would like to store the settings of a picture to a user mode.

That means, when I'm in display mode, it should be possible to store the settings of the selected picure to one of the three user modes. Afterwards I can use this user mode and this settings for another picture.