Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
When I was driving a truck one of the customers for the carrier I drove for is a manufacturer of commercial wood fired pizza ovens. I delivered pizza ovens to every corner of the US and many places in Canada. You can find out more about them here: Pizza Oven Equipment | Wood Pizza Ovens | Gas Pizza Ovens
I wonder if one of these was one of the ovens that you delivered:

Da Legna, New Haven, Connecticut
by john m flores, on Flickr

Isabella's actual brick oven

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Nice article, John, and a good demonstration of the K-3's low-light capability. I've been impressed with the combination it makes with the DA*16-50/2.8, too.

Good pizza is a wonderful thing, but I can't help wondering about the new Indian motorcycles. What did you think of the Scout? I'm told my grandfather rode one of the originals, but he died when my father was seven, so I never got to see it or him.

2015 Indian Scout at the Coney Island Cyclone

2015 Indian Scout Motorcycle

The 2015 Indian Scout is a beautiful bike; it started a conversation nearly ever time that I stopped. The motor is great and full of character. And it's light and relatively agile for a cruiser. The sit back and put your feet forward kind of riding is just not my style though, and the brakes and suspension aren't quite up to my standards.

And here's another shot at Di Fara's, a couple of weeks later (I couldn't resist!) with the Q7 and the 01 Prime

Di Fara Pizza

At web resolution, it's quite comparable to the K-3. Surprisingly.

11-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
I wonder if one of these was one of the ovens that you delivered:

Da Legna, New Haven, Connecticut
That depends on how old that one is. I delivered a couple ovens to Connecticut late last year, but to a rigging company that later delivered the to the customer.
04-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE: The story is published. Here's how one of the photos looks as the lede:

Life of Pie lede

A preview of the story can be found here: Boston, Massachusetts to Baltimore, Maryland: Life of Pie | RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine

Or if you want to see what Pentax K-3 photos looks like in a magazine, pick up a copy the next time you are in Barnes & Noble.
04-26-2015, 05:38 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Good article and I like your new ride. I haven't test rode one of them yet. I'm pretty happy with my 2012 Sportster. Coming to Americade in Lake George this year?

04-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Life of Pie....love it.

Time Out NY just published its pizza survey, and I think Di Faro was either at the top or very close to it. I have to try it one day.

NaClH2O - where is Cosby Pizza in the Bronx? I live pretty close to the Bronx, so it might be worth a trip. Is it made in a coal or wood burning oven?

Thanks