Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
You have to switch Mode to M for that to happen, otherwise it will remain open!

---------- Post added 20-11-14 at 16:13 ----------

The green button only closes the aperture to the selected F nr so that there is an exposure reading. it's a stopped down metering!
Almost. It doesn't really close the aperture down. Try it and see. It stays wide open when you press the green button.

11-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Almost. It doesn't really close the aperture down. Try it and see. It stays wide open when you press the green button.
You guys are both in the dark. The OP was having this problem with A-contact lenses in all modes and is sending the camera in for repair.

Steve
11-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You guys are both in the dark. The OP was having this problem with A-contact lenses in all modes and is sending the camera in for repair.

Steve
Another fun fact!
01-15-2015, 07:43 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I finally got my camera back from repair yesterday! It took five weeks! They have replaced the main circuit and diaphragm control, so my camera is like brand new (literally 0 shutter count, they did some testing, so I started from 43)! I tested some of my lenses last night, so far so good. The repair is really beyond me, but good thing is that it's under warranty, so I didn't pay anything except shipping out cost ($6.95). Let's see how it goes, hopefully like my K-x, it will last forever...thank you all for your efforts and time!

Last edited by ULong; 01-15-2015 at 01:04 PM.
01-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad you got it sorted!

I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I have a similar issue and was hoping someone could help me here.

I have 3 manual lenses.

Helios, hanimex and chinon.

The Helios and hanimex both stop down accordingly in manual mode, but my chinon 28mm always shoots wide open regardless of aperture. Does anyone know why?

I only ever shoot in manual, and I use dof preview for metering.
01-26-2015, 07:22 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
Glad you got it sorted!

I don't wish to hijack this thread, but I have a similar issue and was hoping someone could help me here.

I have 3 manual lenses.

Helios, hanimex and chinon.

The Helios and hanimex both stop down accordingly in manual mode, but my chinon 28mm always shoots wide open regardless of aperture. Does anyone know why?

I only ever shoot in manual, and I use dof preview for metering.
I have an old lens stuck wide open too. Since it has the aperture ring, when I mounted it to the body, I didn't turn all the way to the lock position (to the degree that the aperture started to open). Does it make sense?