Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #16

I have two bodies and I had this behavior with both of them randomly, but not very often.

12-15-2014, 03:49 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
İ am experiencing this same issue. İ have tried wıth manual focus enabled and the delay is still present. İ am using the latest firmware. worst part is i am travelling and scared it could stop working anytıme. Any solution?? I am goıng to Zagreb, Croatia ın a few days and maybe can send it to a service there but dont have much tıme nor money...
12-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Maybe it has to do with the mirror flop/flap "fix"? Isn't supposed to do some sort of reset if it detects the flop/flap/flip? What firmware revision is everybody that is experiencing this on?
12-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I naybe it does. 2 days ago i pressed the shutter Butrón once and the camera fired in high speed until the buffer was full

12-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psamoluk Quote
hey Guys,
So after a few days with the K3, i'm totally loving the camera except for one small issue i noticed. This is somewhat random, but every now and then when i pick up the camera and try to take a shot, it has this weird delay on the shutter button where the camera focuses and then just sort of does nothing for about a second or two and then takes the shot. I can turn it off and back on, and everything will work fine for a few shots, and i will start to notice the delay again for a shot or two.

This doesn't seem like a "feature" so do you think i need to take it back for warranty repair?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul
Read all the posts no-one has suggested SR spin up , Seem to me your 'random' nature indicates the camera is 'busy' two things thats cause no shutter action are

1 AF not locked / Focusing
2 SR spin-up

Your SR doesn't need to be 'ready' to fire but it does need to be span up, unless its span up the sensor is not central behind the lens so the shutter will not fire.