Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

How to claim international warranty?

I'll be pulling my trigger on the Pentax K-3 in the coming days, the $1146 deal is way too tempting to skip.
Anyways, I will be ordering it to Kuwait from adorama via a proxy shipping address company. From what I've read, one can get a year of international warranty from the Pentax products bought from US. But the question is how can I apply for it given that I won't be in the states.

Thank you

11-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
International warranties have been discontinued due to the issues they gave rise to. AFAIK, the only way you'd be able to get warranty service would be if you shipped the camera to the US for repairs, then had a friend ship it back to you.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2014, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You need not be in the USA to have an international warranty, if an international warranty is offered. You can also buy an extended warranty - see for instance - Mack Cam Worldwide Warranty | Specializing in Warranty and Repair Services
11-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You need not be in the USA to have an international warranty, if an international warranty is offered. You can also buy an extended warranty - see for instance - Mack Cam Worldwide Warranty | Specializing in Warranty and Repair Services
Thanks, I'll check it out. Btw do you have any experience with them?

---------- Post added 11-26-14 at 08:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
International warranties have been discontinued due to the issues they gave rise to. AFAIK, the only way you'd be able to get warranty service would be if you shipped the camera to the US for repairs, then had a friend ship it back to you.
You mean even the ones that people could apply for on the Pentax website? I read somewhere that they used to give out an international card if one emailed the purchase details.

11-25-2014, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by akshay869 Quote
You mean even the ones that people could apply for on the Pentax website? I read somewhere that they used to give out an international card if one emailed the purchase details.
That Pentax international warranty has been discontinued, yes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by akshay869 Quote
Thanks, I'll check it out. Btw do you have any experience with them?
I have bought their warranty, based on advice from others. I've not experienced a claim, so don't know how good (or bad) their claims service is. When I bought it, it was offered by Adorama, but I don't see that they offer it now. I wonder why?