Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just got a funny look from my better half!

11-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Based in Canada" it says when you click on the link for this "store".

Anyone knows where in Canada this is?
11-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Anyone knows where in Canada this is?
Not sure, but orders from Quebec - like mine - are only charged 5% GST. So, basically, not Quebec.
11-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

What I see on the eBay listing:

"This listing has ended.
Ended: Nov 26, 2014 , 1:48PM
Price: US $619.99 [45 sold]"

The proverbial hot cakes.

11-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! All over.
11-26-2014, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Looks like its all over ?

Yup.......looks like this sale is over ?
Glad I got one an hour before it ended........!
11-27-2014, 05:46 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It may be over but this seller has a history of returning after a few days or weeks with the same or better prices. He has been doing this with the K5iis and the K3 for a couple of months at least. I doubt if his price had anything to do with the so called "Black Friday". It has been fun to watch since I am not in the market for a K3. I got mine early on and never regretted the early-adopter premium.

11-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It was all about selling point for me....when the price is that low I jumped.
11-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #24
Pentaxian

So... my K-3 just unexpectedly arrived! Apparently Canada Post have started delivering on Sundays in the run-up to xmas. Merry xmas to me!

Now, some people were worried about this deal being for a "grey market" camera. The upshot for me:
  • Canada Post identifies the seller (Ebay user "Quickndone") as Carman's Photo in Stratford ON.
  • The box does have the "Imported and Distributed by Ricoh Imaging Canada" as well as the bilingual "2 Year Warranty" stickers, so this is pretty definitely a legitimate Canadian K-3.
  • It came with firmware v1.11 pre-installed.
  • Manufacture date: "2014:10:20" // Shutter Count: 1 (Obtained with the PF Shutter Count & Manufacture Date tool using my very first test frame.)
I'm amazed that this thing came off the assembly line only five weeks ago!

Even though I'm still a little shaken at having made this semi-impulsive (large!) purchase, I'm very excited!

Last edited by Doundounba; 11-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.
11-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
So... my K-3 just unexpectedly arrived! Apparently Canada Post have started delivering on Sundays in the run-up to xmas. Merry xmas to me!

Now, some people were worried about this deal being for a "grey market" camera. The upshot for me:
  • Canada Post identifies the seller (Ebay user "Quickndone") as Carman's Photo in Stratford ON.
  • The box does have the "Imported and Distributed by Ricoh Imaging Canada" as well as the bilingual "2 Year Warranty" stickers, so this is pretty definitely a legitimate Canadian K-3.
  • Manufacture date: "2014:10:20" // Shutter Count: 1 (Obtained with the PF Shutter Count & Manufacture Date tool using my very first test frame.)

Even though I'm still a little shaken at having made this semi-impulsive (large!) purchase, I'm very excited!
Ohhhh Mannnn.......I cant wait ! The last time I checked mine was in Kansas.
It says expected delivery is on wednesday......Cant wait.
Im glad everything looks great on yours though....makes me feel better for getting such a smokin deal......Thanks !
11-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is great news. The fact that the manufacturing day is barely a month ago is a good indication that the K3 is not being dumped but is still in production.
11-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This is great news. The fact that the manufacturing day is barely a month ago is a good indication that the K3 is not being dumped but is still in production.
I agree that it's potentially good news. It points to very good inventory management all the way from the store to Ricoh Imaging Canada and to Ricoh "Global". If this single datum is indicative - and remember this is just a single data point - it implies that few are now moving inventory that has been sitting on shelves for months on end. Which in turn, implies the K-3 is selling. FWIW, I'm not sure it doesn't mean a K-3 II by February, but it's certainly possible the K-3 will spend another year around the $800 price point (just a bit up from the current deals), which puts it well clear of any new unicorn err, I mean product that could be introduced in the $1.5k-2k range...

Last edited by Doundounba; 12-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.
11-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree that it's potentially good news. It points to very good inventory management all the way from the store to Ricoh Imaging Canada and to Ricoh "Global". If this single datum is indicative - and remember this is just a single data point - it implies that few are now moving inventory that has been sitting on shelves for months on end. Which in turn, implies the K-3 is selling. FWIW, I'm not sure it doesn't mean a K-3 II by February, but it's certainly possible the K-3 will spent another year around the $800 price point (just a bit up from the current deals), which puts it well clear of any new unicorn err, I mean product that could be introduced in the $1.5k-2k range...
I agree with all of this especially the inventory management comment. There has been so much snarky speculation that the K3 wasn't selling. This shows otherwise!
11-30-2014, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That was a good deal !
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
That was a good deal !
Now if it would just get here......