Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2014, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,561
I just got a funny look from my better half!

11-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,066
"Based in Canada" it says when you click on the link for this "store".

Anyone knows where in Canada this is?
11-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,737
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Anyone knows where in Canada this is?
Not sure, but orders from Quebec - like mine - are only charged 5% GST. So, basically, not Quebec.
11-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,660
What I see on the eBay listing:

"This listing has ended.
Ended: Nov 26, 2014 , 1:48PM
Price: US $619.99 [45 sold]"

The proverbial hot cakes.

11-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #20
Moderator
Site Supporter
MarkJerling's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wairarapa, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,561
Wow! All over.
11-26-2014, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
Looks like its all over ?

Yup.......looks like this sale is over ?
Glad I got one an hour before it ended........!
11-27-2014, 05:46 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,540
It may be over but this seller has a history of returning after a few days or weeks with the same or better prices. He has been doing this with the K5iis and the K3 for a couple of months at least. I doubt if his price had anything to do with the so called "Black Friday". It has been fun to watch since I am not in the market for a K3. I got mine early on and never regretted the early-adopter premium.
11-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
It was all about selling point for me....when the price is that low I jumped.

11-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #24
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,737
So... my K-3 just unexpectedly arrived! Apparently Canada Post have started delivering on Sundays in the run-up to xmas. Merry xmas to me!

Now, some people were worried about this deal being for a "grey market" camera. The upshot for me:
  • Canada Post identifies the seller (Ebay user "Quickndone") as Carman's Photo in Stratford ON.
  • The box does have the "Imported and Distributed by Ricoh Imaging Canada" as well as the bilingual "2 Year Warranty" stickers, so this is pretty definitely a legitimate Canadian K-3.
  • It came with firmware v1.11 pre-installed.
  • Manufacture date: "2014:10:20" // Shutter Count: 1 (Obtained with the PF Shutter Count & Manufacture Date tool using my very first test frame.)
I'm amazed that this thing came off the assembly line only five weeks ago!


Even though I'm still a little shaken at having made this semi-impulsive (large!) purchase, I'm very excited!

Last edited by Doundounba; 11-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.
11-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
So... my K-3 just unexpectedly arrived! Apparently Canada Post have started delivering on Sundays in the run-up to xmas. Merry xmas to me!

Now, some people were worried about this deal being for a "grey market" camera. The upshot for me:
  • Canada Post identifies the seller (Ebay user "Quickndone") as Carman's Photo in Stratford ON.
  • The box does have the "Imported and Distributed by Ricoh Imaging Canada" as well as the bilingual "2 Year Warranty" stickers, so this is pretty definitely a legitimate Canadian K-3.
  • It came with firmware v1.11 pre-installed.
  • Manufacture date: "2014:10:20" // Shutter Count: 1 (Obtained with the PF Shutter Count & Manufacture Date tool using my very first test frame.)
I'm amazed that this thing came off the assembly line only five weeks ago!


Even though I'm still a little shaken at having made this semi-impulsive (large!) purchase, I'm very excited!
Ohhhh Mannnn.......I cant wait ! The last time I checked mine was in Kansas.
It says expected delivery is on wednesday......Cant wait.
Im glad everything looks great on yours though....makes me feel better for getting such a smokin deal......Thanks !
11-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
So... my K-3 just unexpectedly arrived! Apparently Canada Post have started delivering on Sundays in the run-up to xmas. Merry xmas to me!

Now, some people were worried about this deal being for a "grey market" camera. The upshot for me:
  • Canada Post identifies the seller (Ebay user "Quickndone") as Carman's Photo in Stratford ON.
  • The box does have the "Imported and Distributed by Ricoh Imaging Canada" as well as the bilingual "2 Year Warranty" stickers, so this is pretty definitely a legitimate Canadian K-3.
  • It came with firmware v1.11 pre-installed.
  • Manufacture date: "2014:10:20" // Shutter Count: 1 (Obtained with the PF Shutter Count & Manufacture Date tool using my very first test frame.)
I'm amazed that this thing came off the assembly line only five weeks ago!


Even though I'm still a little shaken at having made this semi-impulsive (large!) purchase, I'm very excited!
This is great news. The fact that the manufacturing day is barely a month ago is a good indication that the K3 is not being dumped but is still in production.
11-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montréal QC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,737
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
This is great news. The fact that the manufacturing day is barely a month ago is a good indication that the K3 is not being dumped but is still in production.
I agree that it's potentially good news. It points to very good inventory management all the way from the store to Ricoh Imaging Canada and to Ricoh "Global". If this single datum is indicative - and remember this is just a single data point - it implies that few are now moving inventory that has been sitting on shelves for months on end. Which in turn, implies the K-3 is selling. FWIW, I'm not sure it doesn't mean a K-3 II by February, but it's certainly possible the K-3 will spend another year around the $800 price point (just a bit up from the current deals), which puts it well clear of any new unicorn err, I mean product that could be introduced in the $1.5k-2k range...

Last edited by Doundounba; 12-01-2014 at 07:34 AM.
11-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,540
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
I agree that it's potentially good news. It points to very good inventory management all the way from the store to Ricoh Imaging Canada and to Ricoh "Global". If this single datum is indicative - and remember this is just a single data point - it implies that few are now moving inventory that has been sitting on shelves for months on end. Which in turn, implies the K-3 is selling. FWIW, I'm not sure it doesn't mean a K-3 II by February, but it's certainly possible the K-3 will spent another year around the $800 price point (just a bit up from the current deals), which puts it well clear of any new unicorn err, I mean product that could be introduced in the $1.5k-2k range...
I agree with all of this especially the inventory management comment. There has been so much snarky speculation that the K3 wasn't selling. This shows otherwise!
11-30-2014, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian
Weevil's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Near Montréal, Québec
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,548
That was a good deal !
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM   #30
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
That was a good deal !
Now if it would just get here......
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dslr, ebay, ff, im, k-3, k3, pentax, pentax k-3, price
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K3 body only-price reduced janzenart Sold Items 3 09-07-2014 02:24 PM
K3 vs Sony A7: which one will you buy for the same price? yusuf Pentax K-3 23 06-15-2014 07:46 AM
D700 Price Alert ivanvernon Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 9 04-03-2014 03:07 PM
Price Alert - DA35 Ltd, Quick if you want one. Kguru Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 04-05-2009 10:33 PM
Extreme III - Good price Alert kpfeifle Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 7 10-31-2007 05:48 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top