Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

FLU Card...Tablet...Live View ....Questions ?

I havent recieved my K3 yet , its comming this week.
I havent recieved my FLU card either , its comming this week too.
And last but not least Im questioning the actual field usability as far as using a 8" or 10" tablet as a live view Monitor for camera control indoors and out ?
Dont know about screen blackout in the sun , mounting bracket for tripod/Tablet , or if my ideas of having a larger remote interface are just wild ideas , or if anyone here is actually using it for landscape , nature photography ?
My shooting style is very low , wide angle , landscapes and nature. Typical forefront subject very close with discernable background. My hands/tripod is often in/at either water/ground level. A useable tablet interface with larger LiveView would be a tremendous benefit , and ease of use.
Does a tablet have to have an Internet browser OS?...... Or will an android based tablet with WiFi work ? (confused)

Does anyone have input ?
Suggestions for hand held tablet mount VS tripod mount ?
Will Liveview/focus be better with a tablet than on K3 panel ?
Usability in the field VS my dreaming ?

Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 11-30-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
11-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you talking about K-30 or K-3? The two are different cameras. Only the K-3 works with the FLU card. I hope its a typo.

But if you meant the K-3 then I am sure those with K-3 will answer your question. I have experience with the K-30
11-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
Are you talking about K-30 or K-3? The two are different cameras. Only the K-3 works with the FLU card. I hope its a typo.

But if you meant the K-3 then I am sure those with K-3 will answer your question. I have experience with the K-30
TYPO....LOL
I currently own the K30......the K3 is just purchased.
Im really pumped up over the prospect of the liveview/camera interface on a Tablet !
Wanting to hear from others as far a s field use , and how they might be using this interface....
The way Im now understanding it is my tablet MUST have a Browser ?....not just an Android based OS ?

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 11-30-2014 at 09:41 AM.
11-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by az1895 Quote
TYPO....LOL
I currently own the K30......the K3 is just purchased.
Im really pumped up over the prospect of the liveview/camera interface on a Tablet !
Wanting to hear from others as far a s field use , and how they might be using this interface....
I have found the Flucard almost useless. But I do not use tripods much and that is where the real value would come in. It is very slow at uploading files although it is acceptable in live view mode.

11-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I have found the Flucard almost useless. But I do not use tripods much and that is where the real value would come in. It is very slow at uploading files although it is acceptable in live view mode.
Well....I DIDNT buy it because of the Flu card.....but then I got to thinking of all the shots Im either IN water , or laying on the ground trying to do settings and focus.....saves me alot of frustration if it works as Im dreaming it will ?
11-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by az1895 Quote
Well....I DIDNT buy it because of the Flu card.....but then I got to thinking of all the shots Im either IN water , or laying on the ground trying to do settings and focus.....saves me alot of frustration if it works as Im dreaming it will ?
If it works as you are dreaming it will, it will be perfect
11-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will probably come out of the dream when my tablet hits the mud !.......lol
We shall see.

11-30-2014, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See our video demo and review for an idea of what to expect:
Wireless Tethering with the K-3: A Demo - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com
Review: Pentax FluCard O-FC1 - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

You can certainly control your camera wirelessly with a tablet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
THAT ! Is exactly what I want/need......Just hopefully on a 10" tablet the display will be much friendlier than a smartphone.
Can just imagine what I can do with this. I know there will be some slight lag on liveview , and also some lag on capture of course.
Im still a bit confused if it will work with a tablet that is NOT recieving a data/service plan in the field away from service ?
I believe it will !
The product is a bit confusing as its a LAN/WiFi and actually works as both which is a bit confusing to me......BUT I will learn.
This looks like the ONLY way to tether the K3 to a screen/tablet thats availible.....Right ?
I just ordered a tripod bracket for the Tablet and will post pics when I get it all setup......I probably will use it handheld for most captures and tripod mounted for others.
Thanks Adam....

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 11-30-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added to content