Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

User programs on K3

On the K3, you have 3 user options of the mode button (User 1, User2 and User3). I am correct in assuming that in fact you have 4 or more user settings? I am basing this assumption on the fact that you can set your preferences while in say ATV mode and then also have the ability to set preferences in the three user modes. The big question I have is that when I turn the mode button from user1 lets say to ATV, does the camera return to the original settings that I had in the camera when using ATV. If this is the case, would user settings under the other modes i.e. aperture priority, shutter priority etc. also be retained within the camera.

Thanks for reading my post.

Michael J.

12-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
On the K3, you have 3 user options of the mode button (User 1, User2 and User3). I am correct in assuming that in fact you have 4 or more user settings? I am basing this assumption on the fact that you can set your preferences while in say ATV mode and then also have the ability to set preferences in the three user modes. The big question I have is that when I turn the mode button from user1 lets say to ATV, does the camera return to the original settings that I had in the camera when using ATV. If this is the case, would user settings under the other modes i.e. aperture priority, shutter priority etc. also be retained within the camera.

Thanks for reading my post.

Michael J.
The settings in TAv mode will be as you left them when you return to TAv from User Mode.
12-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The three user modes have their own settings memory. A fourth global set of settings applies to every other mode and those settings are shared between them (P, Av, Tv, M, etc)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The three user modes have their own settings memory. A fourth global set of settings applies to every other mode and those settings are shared between them (P, Av, Tv, M, etc)
So Adam am I correct in assumming that if I am in P mode with certain seetings, go to TAV mode and change the settings, go to Av mode and have different settings again, then go into User 1 set and save different settings then go into User2 etc. when I go back to Tav mode I will have the settings that I saved in Tav mode originally? If that is the case, does that mean I can set up individual settings for each of the modes as well as individual settings for each of the user modes?

12-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mapleleaf-Mick Quote
So Adam am I correct in assumming that if I am in P mode with certain seetings, go to TAV mode and change the settings, go to Av mode and have different settings again, then go into User 1 set and save different settings then go into User2 etc. when I go back to Tav mode I will have the settings that I saved in Tav mode originally? If that is the case, does that mean I can set up individual settings for each of the modes as well as individual settings for each of the user modes?
Almost. You'd have the settings from Av mode since TAv/Av/the other regular modes share settings.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: