Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #1

Best Book for K3

I have switched from Nikon to Pentax and would really appreciate getting hold of a good book like the ones David Busch writes for Nikon cameras. I did buy and download an EBook but it isn't as comprehensive as I'd like. I find the Owners Manual very concise and skimpy on detail.
Any suggestions?

12-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Look for Yvon Bourque. He writes great books on DLSRs.

Ebooks4cameras
12-10-2014, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi Ken Quote
I have switched from Nikon to Pentax and would really appreciate getting hold of a good book like the ones David Busch writes for Nikon cameras. I did buy and download an EBook but it isn't as comprehensive as I'd like. I find the Owners Manual very concise and skimpy on detail.
Any suggestions?
I am looking too. I had the Busch book for the D7000 but haven't found anything comparable for Pentax.
12-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi Ken Quote
Any suggestions?
Yvon Bourque wrote the only book in English on the K3. It's available only in PDF and has plenty of typographical errors. The Magic Lantern Guide book series stopped doing books on Pentax cameras after their books on the K200D and the K-7.

12-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #5

Original Poster
I have theYvon Bourque EBook. It's OK but nowhere near as good as the ones David a Busch writes. Hopefully someone will see the need for the K3. Thanks
12-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just sold my K-5 and bought a K-3 today and was looking for more info on some of the new features - in particular the AA filter simulator, the different AF patterns, and AF hold - and found these Features pages on the Ricoh site itself very helpful. Maybe not totally comprehensive, but a good start and much better than the bare-bones explanations or lack thereof in the manual.
12-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I doubt it really takes a book to get started with a new camera - read the (admittedly short) manual, try out stuff, google or ask on the forum whatever you can't find/understand and spend the money you saved on a more specific book on photography in general, like landscape photography or portraits (depending on what you are into) or something by Freeman or Barnbaum.

12-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
I just sold my K-5 and bought a K-3 today and was looking for more info on some of the new features - in particular the AA filter simulator, the different AF patterns, and AF hold - and found these Features pages on the Ricoh site itself very helpful. Maybe not totally comprehensive, but a good start and much better than the bare-bones explanations or lack thereof in the manual.
Good find!