Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #16
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by enoxatnep Quote
I do as well, but am rather annoyed that the Custom Function setting to enable the LCD light must be set to 'on' for this to happen. If you turn that CF off then you can't use the RAW/Fx button to light up the LCD. I wanted to keep the CF off and have the LCD light up only when I wanted it to, not every time the camera's metering is active, but no such luck the way it is. So the RAW/Fx button is useless to me as well.
The only time the LCD is lit is when I push the RAW/Fx button. Have had C.22 set to both 1 and 2. How have you done your config to get that result?

12-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
The only time the LCD is lit is when I push the RAW/Fx button. Have had C.22 set to both 1 and 2. How have you done your config to get that result?
The same here. When the RAW/FX button is programmed to the top LCD, the LCD only lights when the button is pushed. Push again to cancel. I am running firmware v1.11.

Steve
12-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #18
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, you're both right. I was going by memory when I wrote what I did. CF.22 is set to Low and the Raw/FX button turns the LCD on and off just fine, independent of whether the metering system is active. Go figure! Now I like my Raw/FX button again. *Submits comment with very sheepish look on his face.*
03-04-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really wish Ricoh would update the firmware to make the Raw-fx button a little more useful or as they probably intended. I got burned a bit on a recent trip because I inadvertently hit the Raw-fx button to trigger bracketing but couldn't get out of bracketing quickly and lost a photo op in the process.

I really wish the button acted as a toggle so that if you click it again it goes back to the original setting (for whatever you have the button set to do). I also realize I need to configure the user mode for bracketing like I originally intended (and used to do for the k5)

03-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #20

I customized the K-3 'RAW-FX' button for turning On and Off the SR (Shake Reduction).
Useful if you travel with your tripod .

I liked the K10d SR back-switch the most .

-----
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I use it for turning on and off the top LCD-light.