Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Back to default after "Raw-Fx" button Customization to HDR?

Hello,

I customized the "Raw-Fx" button to "Exposure Bracketing" drive more. So when I am using K-3 in Single Frame Shooting drive mode and press the "Raw-Fx" button, it automatically changes the drive more to shoot three pictures using the preset "Exposure Bracketing" settings. But, once I am done, how do I get back to Single Frame mode? Pressing the "Raw-Fx" button again does not change it back. I have to press the drive mode button and scroll all the way to single frame and press OK. Is there a easier way to shift b/w these two drive modes when using the "Raw-Fx" button?

Thanks.

12-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Unregistered User

What it does is toggling between the two latest settings in the drive menu. If you use single and press RAW/Fx it will give you Bracketting and press again it will give you single but if you take a shot or edit the setting of the bracket RAW/Fx will do nothing or return to the un-edited setting. I would like it to return to previous mode, i.e Singel or 2s timer or whatever but it does not. This has potential for improvement...

EDIT: I also must say; What a useless function... Hit it by accident and your are toast...
12-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In fact, when I am in Single Frame mode and press then RAW/FX button, it takes me to exposure bracketing setting but I HAVE to click OK in order to get into exposure bracketing drive mode. How is this a "short cut". Then when I take a picture and want to get back to Single Frame mode, I have to click on RAW/FX button, which takes me to exposure bracketing setting again, click the up button twice and then scroll over to Single Frame and then click OK again. This is totally useless. There must be an easier way?
12-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I actually have my FX button set to this and it is annoying versus the K5 implementation. With the K3, you have to toggle up and then left in order to get to normal exposure. On the K5 hit the button and you are just taken to the normal drive mode where you can quickly choose between the drive mode options (it requires fewer button pushes to cycle between modes).

12-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #5
Unregistered User

You can use one of the USER-modes set for HDR/Bracketing. Do not use the RAW/Fx. That one was really confusing...
12-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What can be a good use of RAW/Fx button then? I never change between RAW+Jpeg when shooting. I hate to see a easily accessible button go useless.
12-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #7
Unregistered User

I use it for turning on and off the top LCD-light.

12-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I user it to enable/disable BURST MODE shooting.
12-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
May I ask how you configure that?
12-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
You can use one of the USER-modes set for HDR/Bracketing.
That would have been my first choice.

Steve
12-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

May I ask how you configure that?
I was wondering the same thing.

Steve
12-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How do you do that? I can't find that option either.
12-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #13
Veteran Member

My apologies -- it's set to HDR like the OP. Not BURST Mode. Memory failing me as I get older.
12-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the idea of using the Raw/fx button for what the OP stated, but as pointed out, it really doesn't work as easy as it sounds. With the K5, I just used a USER mode. With the K3, I haven't configured that, yet. I'm not hugely fond of the USER mode because I want it to set bracketing with Av mode, but saving the mode always seems to default itself to a specific aperture and ISO. I must have been doing something a bit wrong with the K5, and I haven't tried yet with the K3.
12-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #15
Closed Account

I use it for turning on and off the top LCD-light.
I do as well, but am rather annoyed that the Custom Function setting to enable the LCD light must be set to 'on' for this to happen. If you turn that CF off then you can't use the RAW/Fx button to light up the LCD. I wanted to keep the CF off and have the LCD light up only when I wanted it to, not every time the camera's metering is active, but no such luck the way it is. So the RAW/Fx button is useless to me as well.