Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aperture switch & programming?

Hey I was wondering.... Is there a way to associate focal length with aperture somehow with the K-3. For example, during a portrait session, using DA 50-135, I would like my lens to automatically shoot at f2.8 up to 85mm, f3.2 from 85 to 110mm and f4 from 110 to 135mm. Is there a function for that?

Also, if not possible, what is the best way to quickly switch aperture between two shots? Because I have the instant LCD review set for 3 seconds, if I shoot and want to shoot again at a different aperture, within the 3 seconds (in aperture priority), the control affects the zoom preview on the LCD rather than to switch aperture. So I now have the habit to re-prepress the shutter and then switch aperture.... There must be a better way....

Thanks

12-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not that i know of.

I guess if you used a variable aperture zoom it would work that way.

Can you turn off the review? That is the only way to have access to the controls quickly.
12-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not that i know of.

I guess if you used a variable aperture zoom it would work that way.

Can you turn off the review? That is the only way to have access to the controls quickly.
Can I put the review on a different button?
12-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

If you turn the review off, you can review by pressing the Play button (blue triangle)

12-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I turn off my instant review all the time, because, if you shoot at events such as a stage show, you don't want the screen lit up after each shot and disturb people around you. Besides, it keeps your battery running a little longer.
12-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I forgot they even have an instant image review - I turn that off as soon as I get the camera!
12-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Instant review is kind of a pain. I almost always have it off. Use the play button if you need to look at the last shot.

Of course if you need to review every shot then it works well for that.

12-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If you set aperture to the front wheel, you can change aperture during instant review.
As soon as you turn the front wheel, instant review is turned off. (at least that's how it works on my K7).
12-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If you set aperture to the front wheel, you can change aperture during instant review.
As soon as you turn the front wheel, instant review is turned off. (at least that's how it works on my K7).
I will try that.