Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Everything is made in China nowadays so choice of brand may not save you.

Agreed, but better brands = better QC and overall better accountability. I was referring to the uber-cheap China made bags on evilbay specifically. :-)

01-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Everything is made in China nowadays so choice of brand may not save you.
True, but Western companies manufacturing in China will have audited materials and workmanship, better quality controls, etc. The Chinese company selling directly has none of these and doesn't care if you have a problem, whereas the Western companies will generally want to keep you as a satisfied customer for future business. Buying cheap (solely based on price) is generally the worst value. I wouldn't trust my expensive camera gear to a cheap Chinese-made no-name bag.

I have the LowePro Pro Runner 200 backpack (Pro Runner 200 AW Camera bags, backpacks and rolling cases), which out of my big (!) collection of camera bags probably gets the most use. I can easily fit my K-3 or K-5 with grip, DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, F 50 macro and a couple more smaller primes (usually my SuperTak 50 and M 28) plus an AF-540FGZ and room for several smaller items like chargers, cables, remotes, M42 adapter, etc. It also can carry a travel size tripod strapped to the outer part of the pack. It's got a rain cover as well. Highly recommended.

It's not quite as convenient as the "fast pack" type which I never really liked, since you generally need to set the pack down on something to load/unload you gear. Although you can do that quite easily if you move the pack onto your chest.
01-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I recommend the Click Elite Compact from Adorama. Small, lightweight and rugged. I purchased one last year and it does everything I need it to do.

$108.95 Clik Elite CE706GR Compact Sport Case, Gray CE706GR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTAVt1b29A[/ame]"]