Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2015, 03:15 PM   #1

some sample k3 shots. recommended settings?

so i just got my k3, here are a few test shots from the night i got it in, most shot with the da50mm 1.8, 1 shot from a tamron 17-50mm, and i think i have 1 shot in there of my friend's pitbull from my 2.8 asahi-m 135mm , although i usually shoot in raw, these were shot in jpeg and are straight from the camera. i am loving the k3 so far. there definitely seems to be a learning curve in obtaining sharp images consistently.

i started with a pentax optio point and shoot for snapshots close to 8 years ago, than i started getting more into photography, and got a pentax k10d close to 3 years ago, moved up to a pentax kx, then got a pentax k50 after selling my kx to my younger cousin, then got a pentax k01 for a less "in your face" set up when coupled with a 50mm. my friend made me an offer on my k50 last week, so i figured i'd take the plunge and see what the k3 is all about. its definitely a step up. the high iso performance on the k3 is great. autofocus is spot on and quick even in low light. the k3 is priced so well right now, i feel like i made the right move

my question is what recommended settings fellow k3 users use? as far as shadow/highlight correction, noise reduction settings, lens correction settings, and when to use SR and not to use it?

01-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a section 'recommended settings' in Review: Pentax K-3 - Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

You can use that as a starting point.
01-18-2015, 12:05 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I second sterreje's recommendation. I did that and got off to a flying start.
01-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mkyyy Quote
although i usually shoot in raw,

my question is what recommended settings fellow k3 users use? as far as shadow/highlight correction, noise reduction settings, lens correction settings, and when to use SR and not to use it?

That is it, shoot Raw
Hone up the shooting technique ie. focusing and exposure settings.

Last edited by beachgardener; 01-18-2015 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling
01-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

If you're going to shoot in JPEG, set the noise reduction filter to OFF.