Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Did you do the SDM fix on that lens?
If you mean, did I convert it to screw drive, no. About six months after I got it, I had the SDM replaced (that was six years ago), but the focus mechanism seems fine. It also seems to do fine on my K5 II in both live view and non-live view modes.

Probably one of those unexplainable things of life...

02-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #17
Pentaxian

All I can think of is that the repeating shots is doing something wierd with the aperture actuator. Maybe it is a combination of stiff lever, high battery load in live view and a slightly flakey body aperture lever actuator. Is the over exposed first or last in the series?
02-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
All I can think of is that the repeating shots is doing something wierd with the aperture actuator. Maybe it is a combination of stiff lever, high battery load in live view and a slightly flakey body aperture lever actuator. Is the over exposed first or last in the series?
They are all over exposed with live view. So for instance, I took a series of five photos with live view that gave me images with shutter speeds between 1/50 and 1/2500 second, switch to the viewfinder gave me exposure times between 1/125 and 1/8000 second. Those using the OVF look right to me. I think there is just something weird with metering system with that specific lens and live view. That's the only thing I can think, because the rest of the time everything is fine.