Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Cracked View Finder

This may not be the right place for the question but here goes. Recently while photographing a snowy owl I was shootng off the back of my truck and reached into the back of the truck to grab another lens and my K-3 fell view finder side down onto gravel road everything else was fine I thought other than my 500mm no longer auto focuses I noticed today however with my glasses on that my view finder is cracked. Can I replace that myself by ordering the part I notice there are 2 small screws on the plate that the view finder is part of I do build my own computers and am an amateur gunsmith so I have all the tools for working on small objects. Is it possible to do or should I find a repair shop.

02-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Pentaxian

If you find where you can buy Pentax parts, please let me know. I asked Pentax for the lens mount for my 35mm f2.4. They would not sell it to me. They wanted me to send in the lens to be fixed.
02-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It likely would be a simple repair but unfortunately Pentax (Ricoh) has been quite firm in that they will sell parts only to authorized repair centers.

You could try your local Pentax dealer and see if they can/will order parts for you.

Or you can call or email Precision Camera Repair if you are in the US.

Or you can contact Ricoh directly here: Product Repair & Service - RICOH Imaging

If you do find a way to get parts please post back and share.
02-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It likely would be a simple repair but unfortunately Pentax (Ricoh) has been quite firm in that they will sell parts only to authorized repair centers.

You could try your local Pentax dealer and see if they can/will order parts for you.

Or you can call or email Precision Camera Repair if you are in the US.

Or you can contact Ricoh directly here: Product Repair & Service - RICOH Imaging

If you do find a way to get parts please post back and share.
Thx jatrax I will try a local place first. Ya I was doing some reading in a few places as well as here and seeing exactly what you are talking about that Pentax/Ricoh has got some kind of hang up about selling parts to regular people. I will let you know what happens.