Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Steve

01-31-2016, 04:04 PM   #32

KS2

The KS2 has this Multi-AWB just in case anyone was interested.

I just tested it with my kitchen and all the pictures looked the same regardless of whether or not it was jpg, raw, multi, or full auto, but then again, the conditions probably could have been a lot better. It's 3pm right now and there's some cloudy light coming in from the window (it's always cloudy here in Seattle) and my kitchen lights are incandescent and they kind of mix together in the dining room where I took the pictures.

I think a lot of people don't realize that raw photo files can and do have adjustments. It's possible for the camera to apply filters to the file prior to the final raw image being rendered. We've always been fed that raw images are unedited versions but that's not necessarily the case.

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
What the hang is SOOC?
In South Central Los Angeles it means "Straight Out Of Compton"
05-29-2018, 12:53 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As always Bruce is late to the party, just now getting round to understanding Multi AWB.
I was just wondering if since this thread was talked about (a good 2-3yrs ago?!), have there been updates to software such as LR to handle Muti AWB, especially from a RAW file perspective?

I shoot concerts, next time I might give Multi AWB a whirl and see what happens. It's very common to get a shot of a singer with a cool tone in one are and a warm tone another...
06-01-2018, 12:37 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
As always Bruce is late to the party, just now getting round to understanding Multi AWB.
I was just wondering if since this thread was talked about (a good 2-3yrs ago?!), have there been updates to software such as LR to handle Muti AWB, especially from a RAW file perspective?

I shoot concerts, next time I might give Multi AWB a whirl and see what happens. It's very common to get a shot of a singer with a cool tone in one are and a warm tone another...
You get credit for using the forum's search feature. How AWB works and how well it actually works remains a mystery to me, mostly for lack of two strongly disparate light sources for a controlled setup.

Steve

06-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You get credit for using the forum's search feature. How AWB works and how well it actually works remains a mystery to me, mostly for lack of two strongly disparate light sources for a controlled setup.

Steve