Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Sell now? No, the K-3 is the best K-mount offering available at present and then what would I shoot with?
Sell when the FF comes out? Not remotely likely. I fully expect the K-3 to have purpose for many years
with or without a FF alongside.

However, if the market should flood with sub-$500 K-3's I might have to get a second one.

+1 here.

I really have no need or desire for FF, but under $500 for a 2nd K3?? Now you've got my attention.... That's pretty much an offer I couldn't refuse!

02-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see the full frame as complimenting (rather than replacing) APS-C by expanding the capabilities of my K-mount lenses. there is no way will I get rid of my K-3 until a kick-arse APS-C replacement takes its place.

I expect APS-C will continue to be my go-to system for most telephoto and macro photography, while the full frame will excel mainly for portraits and landscapes.
02-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
He bought two K-3's and sold one. 2-1 = 1 He has a camera
And his question was whether to sell them both.
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Yes...I have a very well used K30 that has never let me down...... A second K3 with 250 clicks (debating if I should keep or sell)
Now we have an answer. If you want my opinion, unless you are a multiple body shooter, sell the k-30 and keep the k-3. Even if you get a FF in about a year , you are still going to want a back up, right?
02-14-2015, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

... snipped...
Like I said....I DO NOT NEED a FF Pentax......I just WANT ONE........Bad.
Nature calling? .... hehe , just do it...

02-14-2015, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

I'll worry about a new camera body when I consistently maximize the performance I have in the K3.
02-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I'll worry about a new camera body when I consistently maximize the performance I have in the K3.
Very true.....I can do it with the K30...But not with the K3. That's why I want a second K30 and then a FF.
Kinda like having a Toyota in the Garage for need.....and a Ferrari out back for those special moments.....lol.
02-14-2015, 08:11 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is anyone else selling their new K3 with the announcement of the Pentax FF being reality right around the corner ?
I got in on the Christmas specials and bought 2 of them.
Just cant justify keeping both of them since the drool just wont stop and all Im looking at is FF everything......cant have the best of both worlds.
One went today on Ebay for more than I paid for it......the other Im still contemplating.
Opened a bank savings account just for the funding of Pentax FF.
Not sure If Im premature or not ? Pentax better not drop the ball on this one !!!!
Hi,

NO!

Regards.

02-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #23

I don't know if I will buy the FF, but even if I did, APS-C has its place. FF doesn't just replace APS-C, imo.
02-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
the real bargains are with the K5's.. They are floating around $3-$350. That's crazy sh1t right there!
02-15-2015, 02:30 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Definitely not. Even if I decide to buy FF, I'll keep K-3. One reason is that part of my lenses is DA, 2nd reason it's not bad to have a certain camera backup.
I'll keep K-7 as well (if I need to change 16-50 or 50-135 to screw drive one day, I'll need an older camera (you can't do that with K-3 as far as I know)).
02-15-2015, 04:13 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is anyone else selling their new K3 with the announcement of the Pentax FF being reality right around the corner ?

Nope, and why would I, given all the fun I'm still having with my K-3? A camera whose potential I've barely begun to tap? APS-C fits my bill perfectly, and likely for years to come.
02-15-2015, 06:17 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a K5, a K5-IIs and a K3. I haven't done any serious shooting with the K3 yet as I have only had it for a few months as work has been very busy. I am impressed with how much better focus confirmation is with the K3. Most of my lenses are manual focus and the K5 and K5-IIs have not been stellar performers in that department. Auto focus is fast and right on.

My K3 was already year old when I got it new from B&H. I do have a little trepidation about that, but the camera has really impressed me with the little use I have made of it. I may sell the K5 and K5-IIs before I go full frame but the K3 is a great camera and I have no intention of being without one.

i do field service for a living and I am a firm believer in the saying that two is one and one is none.
02-15-2015, 06:55 AM   #28
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No way would I go 9+ months without a K-3 if I could have one. Keeping it would be worth every cent of decreased value.

And really, if you want an FF and want to save way more than selling that second K-3 now - just wait a few months after launch and prices will have dropped more than you lost by not selling the K-3 prematurely. I will expect the "early adopter premium" to be high.
02-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol, I'm sure not selling my K3. It's AWESOME. I plan to get a FF when it comes out, once it's been tested by early adopters for a while. Then I'll have two awesome cameras!
02-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok......I think that Im going to just keep it. I have $900 in the bank from the first K3 kit sold on Ebay.......and still have my old K30 and the other K3.
Even if the price drops a lot when I sell.....I still get something to put towards the FF........thinking....thinking.......Im keeping it for now......I DO like it alot and it IS a huge improvement over the K30 in many ways.
Im just going to sit on it largely unused and see what happens down the road and play with K30 till the FF fog clears out from the cracks in my brain thinking of all this......lol.