Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2015, 06:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

There are still some differences. Some of those sellers (most?) are not authorized dealers and therefore you aren't getting a warranty. I'd stick with "sold by amazon" and only a small handful of known other dealers (from which you can also order from their own website at the same price usually)...

03-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Yes, but there is a BIG difference between a reseller and a reseller "Fulfilled by Amazon."
This is true, though it does not insure that the seller is honest or conscientious . What it means is that returns will be easier and shipping terms are consistent with Amazon standards. The items are still shipped by the seller using the sellers standards for packaging and such. Inventory is housed and shipped by Amazon.

Based on the way this seller lists his items, I would not do business with him.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-10-2015 at 05:28 PM.
03-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I'd stick with "sold by amazon" and only a small handful of known other dealers (from which you can also order from their own website at the same price usually)...
I agree. A good example of a reputable Amazon reseller is Adorama.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/node/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER...&redirect=true

Steve
03-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
This is true, though it does not insure that the seller is honest or conscientious . What it means is that returns will be easier and shipping terms are consistent with Amazon standards. The items are still shipped by the seller using the sellers standards for packaging and such.

Based on the way this seller lists his items, I would not do business with him.

Steve

As long as you get the Amazon return policy then who cares? Order the item and if the packaging or anything else isn't right, it's free to ship it back and the refund is timely and reliable.

And I'm not sure about the seller shipping the items. All my "fulfilled by Amazon" orders have come from an Amazon hub, packaged and shipped by Amazon. The returns have been free and sent back to Amazon returns and refunds have come from Amazon.

03-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
Pentaxian

As long as you get the Amazon return policy then who cares? Order the item and if the packaging or anything else isn't right, it's free to ship it back and the refund is timely and reliable.
Because you won't have a Pentax warranty (and you can't buy an extended one for it). So if it breaks in six months or a year, you're screwed. (Assuming we're talking about new, not used items here.)
03-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And I'm not sure about the seller shipping the items. All my "fulfilled by Amazon" orders have come from an Amazon hub...
It appears I was wrong on that aspect:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=106096011

Steve
03-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Because you won't have a Pentax warranty (and you can't buy an extended one for it). So if it breaks in six months or a year, you're screwed. (Assuming we're talking about new, not used items here.)

Every Pentax Item I have received from a "fulfilled by Amazon" vendor has been Pentax USA. Order whatever you want, call Pentax, and if it's not Pentax USA, use Amazon's great return policy for a refund. I'd even call that "damaged" (not Pentax USA goods is damaged as far as I'm concerned) and Amazon pays the return shipping.

But I doubt you get non USA goods in the first place.

03-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Order whatever you want, call Pentax, and if it's not Pentax USA
Are you saying that Ricoh will confirm the camera by serial number and vendor? Those are the rules. The camera must have originated from Ricoh USA and sold by an authorized Pentax dealer.

Steve
03-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The other reason for labeling the item as discontinued is that we may be seeing Ricoh or the vendor retire that particular SKU number.