Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K3 and Yongnuo IV Speedlights Wireless Sync Problem?

Right, deciding to get right into OCF I bought 4 of the Yongnuos. X sync on the K3, flashes all set to Slave 2, 3 secs remote timer with the K3 set to master control and everything works. Not getting exposure as in pitch black! Yes the lens cap is off, tried various apertures and raised the ISO yet no flash is showing in any of my test shots at all. Previously I have been using the elcheapo cowboy studio transmitter and receivers with no issue and would have dragged them out but it decided to rain.

03-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #2

If you is using the flash in slave mode, then set k-3 in manual flash mode, and the popup flash power to 1/128, or you can do the same as I did, by an Yongnuo YN560-TX...... I LOVE IT :-)
03-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Seem to have it sorted, set to S1, K3 flash control mode and works on a couple of test shots
03-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorted almost, if you use a remote and 3sec delay you lose the option for the camera to act as wireless master in flash settings. This seems seriously stupid on the part of Pentax.

03-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have Youngnuos 560 IV, then get Youngnuo yn-560-TX controller, it will trigger your flashes by radio (much more reliable than optical) and also will control power and zoom of flashes from controller (you will need to touch flashes only to switch on and off).

You can put one of Yongnuo's on camera and use it as controller, as well.
03-23-2015, 01:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elektrolitr Quote
If you have Youngnuos 560 IV, then get Youngnuo yn-560-TX controller, it will trigger your flashes by radio (much more reliable than optical) and also will control power and zoom of flashes from controller (you will need to touch flashes only to switch on and off).

You can put one of Yongnuo's on camera and use it as controller, as well.
I had 3 Yongnuo flashes, two 560 III and one 560IV, triggered by a Yongnuo 560 - TX. With all three I had problems... after triggering them at different powers they were simply blocked at maximum power (no metter how low I tried to set the power of them). I changed them (the flashes and the trigger) because they were on warranty and unfortunately I encountered the same problem with the new ones.

I gave up for this reason at Yongnuo system and now I want to try Cactus RF60 + Cactus V6.
03-26-2015, 05:36 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deaning Quote
Sorted almost, if you use a remote and 3sec delay you lose the option for the camera to act as wireless master in flash settings. This seems seriously stupid on the part of Pentax.
I don't understand you say your using Yongnuos but then say you have the camera in wireless master.

The two options are mutually exclusive.

Pentax wireless flash is a function of their P-ttl system , Yongnuos do not support P-ttl

ergo you cannot sync any manual flashes from a flash configured as wireless master they will fire not in sync with the shutter leading to black images.

You should always have the body flash in normal or preferably manual when using it in conjunction with remote triggering accept for the aokatec triggers which support P-ttl.

If your triggers/flashes support faux Hss mode than you can use a P-ttl flash to trigger these with appropriate delays but not otherwise.