Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #46
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
The filename may have been altered... Are you on a Mac?

There is a thread dealing with these problems, probably one on FW1.11
Yes, Mac.

04-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you downloaded and uncompressed the file at the same folder as previous instalations there is a chance that the file name changed, make sure that the file name that you loaded to your SDcard name is " fwdc220b.bin "
04-18-2015, 01:09 PM   #48
Inactive Account

Yeah, the Macbook was adding a number for each additional download so that's why it didn't work. Strange thing is, I got it to show me the firmware option but it says it was going from 1.11 to 1.11.
Figured that out. All is well now.

Last edited by cwaters; 04-18-2015 at 02:15 PM.
04-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #49

Tethering!

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Tethering to LR should be something to really considere in the upcoming firmwares.. dont know if is possible just via firmware.. but im sure that it will push the camera another level up. Actually i think that they say something about that feature at the PF interview at CP+..
I would LOVE Pentax to enable tethering using LR. Is there some way we could push for it again?

04-20-2015, 01:37 PM   #50
PFH
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CathW Quote
I would LOVE Pentax to enable tethering using LR. Is there some way we could push for it again?
That would involve Adobe, and to be honest I don´t think they are interested.
04-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #51
Pentaxian

For outdoor daytime shooting the screen illumination isn't an issue.

I reset the body settings and user modes, there were odd things getting set unexpectedly. Shooting today everything worked as expected.

Quite regularly the body would misfocus, requiring that I focus on something else and try again. Today it was consistent and predictable. The osprey have arrived, so a long session shooting then fishing, getting chased by eagles produced some decent shots. I would say that the firmware got some shots that I otherwise would have missed.

A strange thing happens; you always seem to shot on the edge of the capability of the hardware. If a type of shot or circumstance doesn't work, you don't take those shots. If something improves, it is noticeable by how much it opens horizons, and quickly you start taking shots that are more difficult, ending up with the same number of failures.
04-24-2015, 04:51 AM   #52

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Supakatti Quote
Could someone test, does the focus trapping work with this new firmware. I have a fw 1.11 and focus trapping is not working in it.
It would often be very handy when using manual focusing. With my K-5II focus trapping worked like a charm. Too bad, I had to sell it away.
I can now confirm, that CIF catch in focus started to work with my K-3 after updating from v. 1.11 to v. 1.20.

04-24-2015, 05:07 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Previously to shut the screen off after hitting info you had to select Display Off and hit Ok. Now it is the same as the K5 where you hit Info repeatedly and it turns off. But the back screen is slightly illuminated at the same time as the top screen is illuminated. As asahi man says, it is a bug.
QuoteOriginally posted by seeker68 Quote
As i wrote, my screen goes completely off, when i hit the info button and go to the Display off setting. no slightly illumination.
You guys have made me worried. I'd like to understand this better.

If I turn the back screen off (with Info) it stays off. right? But if I light up the green light on the top LCD (via a custom function for the Fx button, I know of no other way) then the screen's backlight will light up even when nothing is displayed, resulting in a slight illumination, right? It will turn off again once the top LCD also turns off?

Thanks for clarigying.
04-24-2015, 05:57 AM   #54
Veteran Member

I get the feeling there is a few bugs on v.1.20 so i will take notes and deliver everything over to Ricoh. Just spoke with them now
04-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Did you find any other than the "LCD backlight" bug?
04-24-2015, 06:09 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
Did you find any other than the "LCD backlight" bug?
I didnt have any bugs. But maybe i was reading too fast earlier..haha..But the "LCD backlight" bug have i already rapported
04-24-2015, 06:36 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You guys have made me worried. I'd like to understand this better.

If I turn the back screen off (with Info) it stays off. right? But if I light up the green light on the top LCD (via a custom function for the Fx button, I know of no other way) then the screen's backlight will light up even when nothing is displayed, resulting in a slight illumination, right? It will turn off again once the top LCD also turns off?

Thanks for clarigying.
There is the bug, and there is new function.

The bug is when the back screen is off, and you press shutter button halfway. The top screen illuminates (as normal) and the backlight on the back screen comes on. No text or image, just a slight glow. I notice it inside, not outside in the light.

The new function is when you have your back screen off, hit Info. The info Settings screen shows up. Hit Info again, the selection box pops up, info again and the screen goes off. If you want to go to the status screen you have to arrow over in the selection box, and you can select with the Ok button or the Info button. Same sequence if you are in the Status screen. Hit info, it will show the Info Settings, info again Selection box, info again Settings.
04-24-2015, 07:12 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

There is the bug, and there is new function.

The bug is when the back screen is off, and you press shutter button halfway. The top screen illuminates (as normal) and the backlight on the back screen comes on. No text or image, just a slight glow. I notice it inside, not outside in the light.

The new function is when you have your back screen off, hit Info. The info Settings screen shows up. Hit Info again, the selection box pops up, info again and the screen goes off. If you want to go to the status screen you have to arrow over in the selection box, and you can select with the Ok button or the Info button. Same sequence if you are in the Status screen. Hit info, it will show the Info Settings, info again Selection box, info again Settings.
I don't believe that's new functionality. I still have v 1.11 and that's exactly how my INFO button works with regard to turning on and off the status screen.
04-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
That can't be new functionality. I still have v 1.11 and that's exactly how my INFO button works with regard to showing the status screen (or not showing it).
Nope. Pre 1.20 you hit info, info again then arrow over to Display Off and hit Ok to turn it off.
04-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nope. Pre 1.20 you hit info, info again then arrow over to Display Off and hit Ok to turn it off.
OK, let me go through your prior post one step at a time:

The new function is when you have your back screen off,
My back screen starts in the off position

hit Info.
I press the INFO button

The info Settings screen shows up.
INFO setting screen turns on

Hit Info again, the selection box pops up,
I press INFO again and the Selection box pops up

info again and the screen goes off.
I hit INFO again (or the OK button) and the screen went off

If you want to go to the status screen you have to arrow over in the selection box, and you can select with the Ok button or the Info button.
Worked just as you stated

Same sequence if you are in the Status screen.
I switched over the Status screen

Hit info, it will show the Info Settings,
I hit the INFO button and the screen displays the Info settings

info again Selection box, info again Settings.
I hit the INFO button again and the Status Screen selection box appears

I'm lost... what's the new functionality/behavior?