Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2015, 06:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Dianor, you're after larger prints, higher resolution, less high ISO noise ... but then went for an upgraded K3 with the same sensor as the one you've sold rather than FF?
Already doing nice large prints even with the K30's quite well and am not after yet larger print size just a bit more definition and sharpness. The PSR was such a draw for me I couldn't resist and am going to keep my fingers crossed.
We are still not quite 100% sure if the sensor is exactly the same or not though on the K3II so will have to wait and see ?
In May Im going to be sitting here with 4 bodies and that I DONT NEED and never wanted in the first place......something will change after hands on usage for a couple months , and the field will get narrowed down to what works for me.

BTW.....I still have my K3 as the guy was a No Show and flaked out on me (Possibly for a good reason) after viewing some images I sent him and Im kinda glad he did . I may just hang on to it for a while until my decision is final. Was a hard choice but down the road things can change in favor of FF if it ever shows its face.
I also just discovered just yesterday that my K3 may have an issue that I was unaware of and that could in part be some of the reason I never warmed up to it or could see such a HUGE improvement over my K30 images that others have reported. (that will be in a new thread if needed).
Im spending way too much time in LR with the K3 and just now discover there may be a very valid reason for that.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-27-2015 at 06:59 AM.