Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 06:59 AM   #1

Lost images

I took some shots yesterday and reviewed them before leaving the location. Today I inserted the SD card in my Mac and the photos from yesterday were not on the card and did not show on my computer does anyone know what could have happened to the images? Other images on the card are still on the card only the images from my last shots.

05-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
This sounds like what happened to me (see Photos sd card not visible after turning camera off) I still don't know the reason, but I was able to recover the photos using PhotoRec

Edit: This go without mentioning, but just to be sure, try not to use the card until you recover the shots.
05-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
I took some shots yesterday and reviewed them before leaving the location
How did you review them: on the camera or on a computer? If a computer, check that computer for your photos. It's possible that some autoplay option automatically copied your photos then deleted them from the card.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenny47 Quote
Edit: This go without mentioning, but just to be sure, try not to use the card until you recover the shots.
Good tip. Slide the locking tab on the card while you consider how to recover images.
05-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #4

As long as you don't use the card, the actual photos should still be there. With any luck, only the information that points to the location of the files will have been lost. In these circumstances, software such as the aforementioned PhotoRec should be able to recover your images without any difficulties. Or alternatively you could try Exif Untrasher, which is easier to use.

05-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I have used this before to success. Free Data Recovery Software Download to Recover Deleted Files - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition
05-14-2015, 07:06 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help and I will try some of the suggestions. I believe everyone thinks the problem was the sd card and not the K3.
05-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for your help and I will try some of the suggestions. I believe everyone thinks the problem was the sd card and not the K3.
I believe the problem is connected to both the card and the camera. But, just out of curiosity, does your card happen to be from Transcend?
05-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #8

Can you put the card back in the camera and review the images? I don't own a Mac but maybe the format was changed in-camera to something the Mac does not recognize (one of the raw formats maybe?)

05-14-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
rfg

I believe everyone thinks the problem was the sd card and not the K3.
It's certainly the most likely of the two. And also goes without saying, once you (hopefully) recover the images, throw the card away.
05-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are there different folders on the card? I believe a new folder will be created when you go over 500 images.
05-15-2015, 08:26 PM   #11

Original Poster
The card is a SanDisk 32gb 95mb/s Extreme PRO purchased from B&H about two months ago. I had transferred most of the images from the card prior to my problem so I have reformatted the card and have shot about 400 new images on the card. So far so good everything is working as it should.