Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K3 battery grip switch problem

Hi all!

When I first got the K3, the battery grip switch was very snappy. It was clearly on or off, and still worked fine for the preview function.

I don't use it all that often, but recently I noticed that there's no longer any resistance at all between on and off, to the point where it's shutting itself off just from brushing against my leg when I'm not actively using it. It still has a springing action for the preview function, but having it be off half the time I try to use it is a minor annoyance. More importantly, I'm concerned that it might be damaged since the change was so dramatic, almost like something might have snapped off inside.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it worth losing the grip for who knows how long on a warranty repair?

05-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the grip also, but haven't experienced the problem - the switch you mention feels the same as the one on the camera (actually, a little stiffer, probably because it doesn't get used so much). In your situation, given that you can keep and use the camera without the grip, I'd definitely send it for warranty repair. Hope you get it sorted.