Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2015, 09:43 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
Let me offer this. I work in the Horsham, PA area, which is not too far from you. If you want to meet up sometime during my lunch hour at a local park (e.g. Nikesite Park or Lower Nike Park) to compare your K3 settings to mine, or try out some of my lenses (some of which are razor sharp Limiteds), just send me a PM. That will help us to figure out what the problems are.

Don't be discouraged. You have one of the best cameras, at any price.
Love your attitude of helping fellow community member. Your good karma will come back to you some day.

06-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Im Dropping out of this Forum Too ! Right after I get my K3II delivered and hit the Road for at least 4 months !
Just being on the road doesn't mean you can't access the interwebs. Free access is everywhere. Mac's Lounge has free wi-fi at all of their 'restaurants'. Many state rest areas have free wi-fi. Those overpriced coffee places (You know the ones, they have Starbucks written on everything!) have free wi-fi (undoubtedly the only thing of value in them!).

So drop in, sign on, and tell us how your travels are going.

And if you get up around the Pugetropolis, send a PM and we can meet up.

That is if I am not too busy building airplane wings!
06-14-2015, 11:06 AM   #78

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Oh well. I regularly have urges to throw various tools and devices off the nearest bridge in frustration.
And how many of those times did you have to climb down and retrieve them?
06-14-2015, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And how many of those times did you have to climb down and retrieve them?
That's classified information.

06-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by mulveyr Quote
While I have no idea if the OP falls into this category, I've met a whole bunch of people who think that purchasing a DSLR will magically get them photos like https://500px.com/photo/108954013/cerro-crystal-by-yannq-photographies?from=popular ( to pick one of the top rated shots at the moment. )

They have no idea how much technical skill and artistic skill, followed by massive postprocessing goes into something like that--they think that's just what the camera will give you automatically.
Good point.

But.

I.

Am.

Rather.

Partial.

To.

This.

One.

https://500px.com/photo/111300991/kim-by-bryan-pascual?from=popular
06-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
............................................... BTW...I am not writing this tongue-in-cheek. Expectations were probably very high when the box arrived and I don't like to see anyone disappointed with an expensive purchase.
Excellent response.

Seriously.

QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
For any newcomer to the K3, even if you are a well versed Pentax user, I would suggest taking the following 2 advices seriously:

1: Take time to go through the owners manual, as many times it needs to fully understand specs, features, results with different adjustments and such. Sometimes with and other times without the camera. Take manual when commuting, bathroom, office or workplace and nightstand. Make it a rule for you to read an understanding at least one feature/setting at a time.

2: Optics: Unlike the K20D and prior models, when using cheap, consumer grade or pro grade glass makes little differences, the K3's resolution and IQ really draws a thick line separating good glass from the consumer or cheap stuff. So be emotionally prepared for some disappointment when using vintage third party or consumer grade lenses, or be prepared for very nice surprises and bedazzlement if you own and use some pro grade glass (FA★ series for example).

Another small word of advice. REMOVE all your UV, skylight or whatever protection filters. The K3 is the most sensitive camera I've seen for image degradation ( quality loss) from using protection filters. Keep only your polarizers and use with known caveat.
More great advice.

And for sure, a UV filter is not required for digital cameras, since the UV filter is built in. Still, as you mention, there are a few filters needed, i.e. a good circular polarizer, and some neutral density filters.

My only addition to this would be to only use the very best quality filters. Professional grade filters such as Hoya, B&W or Marumi will work in concert with the very best lenses to produce great photos.