Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is a rotten shame since the Sigma 70mm macro was a sterling lens.

I would not brag. We (sort of) know where you live...

Steve
B&H still has the lens available new in the Pentax mount for anyone looking.

05-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would not brag. We (sort of) know where you live...
But you'd have to ask the neighbours to actually find me, and they've been told to shoot anyone who asks...
05-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomtor Quote
Yes, that is how it works. If a raw development program can open the DNG (not all can) then you can process the first capture in the normal way. The last 3 captures are simply ignored. This can be handy if the processed PS data has artifacts from movement.

To gain access to the full processed PS data you have to convert with the Pentax DCU software to TIFF 16.

In camera TIFF conversion results in TIFF-8, I see no use for those files.
Thanks for this info. It will certainly be useful to be able to access one of the individual exposures for blending out artifacts in the PS composite, negating the need to make separate exposures for this purpose.

Do you know how big the TIFF-16s come out? Is lossless compression an option with the Pentax software?
05-29-2015, 11:17 AM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tariq Quote
B&H still has the lens available new in the Pentax mount for anyone looking.
That they do!

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But you'd have to ask the neighbours to actually find me, and they've been told to shoot anyone who asks...
Your lens is safe...for now...

Steve

05-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Stupid question: does anyone know if there is a more limited max shutter when super-resolution of the K-3II is used ? Would it be possible to use the super resolution mode to gain more resolution with a DA300 lens, if the shutter speed is fast enough ? Does the shutter speed displayed by the K-3II in super resolution mode correspond to the sum of the 4x shots or the shutter speed of one of the 4 combined shots ?
05-29-2015, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Does the shutter speed displayed by the K-3II in super resolution mode correspond to the sum of the 4x shots or the shutter speed of one of the 4 combined shots ?
I would suggest that the effective shutter speed is appropriate for correct exposure, but that the actual period of time for that exposure (first curtain open to second curtain closed) will be somewhat longer (say 1/180s max or thereabouts). After all, the full frame must be exposed for all four exposures. Any motion-stopping side-effect of faster shutter speed would be limited.

Steve
05-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #37
Pentaxian

[sarcasm] Thanks for telling him to shoot the neighbors first. Just to disable before questioning them under duress. You are a horrible, horrible neighbor.

05-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
[sarcasm] Thanks for telling him to shoot the neighbors first. Just to disable before questioning them under duress. You are a horrible, horrible neighbor.
But how can they ask if they shoot them first? I'm not a dumb as I look.
05-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #39
Pentaxian

But how can they ask if they shoot them first? I'm not a dumb as I look.
Haven't you heard of "shoot first and ask questions later"? I guess that's not a thing in Canada (you're too polite and not murderous enough for that).
05-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Ya, but that assumes you don't really want to ask "them" the question..... the questions you ask later, you ask to someone else, like "who was that dude?"

You don't shoot people you need information from, unless you're Jack Bauer, who is always killing people he needs information from, but that's just to drag 3 hours of action out into 12.
05-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The samples are very, very impressive! I would be more impressed if this technology was available for hand-held, walk-around shots. Then I would really want this camera!
06-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, I don't want to kill the excitation here. But the other way to achieve higher resolution is stitching: Sony cameras do it, without a tripod, just by panning the camera.
You can also do it with a Pentax camera, 3 vertical shots, et voila, you've got your 30% increase in resolution.
06-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That may work in theory only for resolution. I would like to see a comparison done by Image Resource in that regard. But the Pixel Shift method brings better colour accuracy to the table that stacked photos can't touch.

Last edited by jbinpg; 06-02-2015 at 08:30 AM.