Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Time-lapse and hyper-lapse using K-3

Beginning of this year I upgraded from K200D to K-3 and having intervalometer on disposal I decided to give a try shooting some time-lapses. I used my own software to stitch images to video, with option to pan and zoom. Watching how to videos I stumble upon hyper-lapses and they got my attention. After I extended application with possibility to stabilize video I was able to produce some results (I think that they decent for amount of work invested into algorithms and implementation). Here is latest example, please comment (and don't be too harsh ).

06-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

quite good. Bravo!

M
06-03-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

cool! maybe a little too fast..the pan and zooms are great!...don't know much about hyper lapse but I do quite a bit of time lapses myself....mostly with the K-r and an Olympus e-510
06-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alasseon Quote
Beginning of this year I upgraded from K200D to K-3 and having intervalometer on disposal I decided to give a try shooting some time-lapses. I used my own software to stitch images to video, with option to pan and zoom. Watching how to videos I stumble upon hyper-lapses and they got my attention. After I extended application with possibility to stabilize video I was able to produce some results (I think that they decent for amount of work invested into algorithms and implementation). Here is latest example, please comment (and don't be too harsh ).

Sights in Vienna 02 - YouTube
I like it! Good job.

I agree with the suggestion that slowing it down would probably improve the experience.

06-14-2015, 03:38 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you for comments!

I really appreciate comments! In case that you interested into application you can find more details on my web.

There you can find more about application and planned features for future releases. If you have idea please let me know (if I have knowledge to implement you idea you will get it). For the moment it is Windows only.