Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ahw Quote
how still does the scene have to be for it to work?
I don't own a K-3II, but do know that the shutter open time (total time for all four exposures) will be no less than the "X" sync speed (1/180s). Any movement that happens within that span will be potential blur.

Steve

06-06-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I just received my K3II and will soon be testing this theory on a photo safari that will sure to have some windy days...
While you are at it, could you find some rapidly moving water (e.g. small waterfall or white water) for shooting at about 1/10s? I am curious about presence and type of artifact.

Steve
06-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Even buildings need to be very still with pixel shift (albeit this was shot from a LONG distance away):

http://camera.itmedia.co.jp/dc/articles/1506/05/news163.html
(inc 30+ sample images)
06-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Even buildings need to be very still with pixel shift (albeit this was shot from a LONG distance away):
The wind loading of tall buildings can cause quite a lot of lateral movement from feet (high winds) to inches (mild breezes). Just about all, now have dampening systems - not to prevent movement, but to contain the extremes. All large structures will suffer from wind loading -

06-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
ahw

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the info. Sounds like Pixel Shift isn't something I'd use very often. I'll probably go with a cheaper K-3.