Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #1

Highlight Alert won't turn off

I have the new K-3ii and have the blinking red warning indicating overexposed areas on some of my shots from this morning. I wanted to disable this and tried doing so by deselecting "Highlight Alert" in the Live View menu. However, whether I have this feature turned on or off, I still have the blinking red warning when reviewing these pictures. Is there another option I should be choosing instead or am I correct that this feature should turn off when I deselect Highlight Alert? Thanks, as always.

06-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Review and Live view have separate settings if I remember correctly. At least on the k-3. Don't have the camera to hand to check but look under the review section for another setting.
06-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, jatrax. That's good to know, but I did just look, and the Instant Review does have its own Highlight Alert option, but I didn't have it selected, so that can't be the problem in this case.
06-15-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Ok, I just checked and there are three places for highlight alert
Liveview
Instant review
playback

Instant review is for what shows on the screen for a second or so after the image is taken, playback controls what happens when you hit the playback key.

So check under the "review" section.

06-16-2015, 02:42 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks. I checked that one too and it's already deselected as well. So I have it deselected in all 3 locations and I'm still having the problem.
06-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gazelle01 Quote
Thanks. I checked that one too and it's already deselected as well. So I have it deselected in all 3 locations and I'm still having the problem.
In which modes are you having the problem?

Live view
Instant playback
Review
06-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
Site Supporter

OK, I'm stumped. Maybe you found a k-3II bug..............
06-16-2015, 09:55 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Review and Live view have separate settings if I remember correctly. At least on the k-3.
Yes, and it is vexing since it seems like I am always accidentally screwing them up and usually have problems getting all three back where I want them.

Steve

06-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter

What exposure mode are you in? I don't own the K-5II, but "green" mode often subverts user settings.

Steve
06-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #10

Original Poster
this occurs when reviewing my photos, and applies to reviewing photos shot in any mode. I took shots last night (city lights shots after dark in San Fran) in Aperture, Shutter, and Manual modes, and I get this problem when reviewing any of those photos.

I think my new camera is a lemon. There's something wrong with it, the Live View screen is almost useless, it looks like it's covered in serious noise and I can't even use it. I switched back to my K5 last night eventually after much frustration. gonna have to call either B&H or Pentax and tell them I want a replacement camera.