Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 03:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Dan, is it possible to just focus on the eyes with medium range portraits? I find the K5iis bigger focusing points make it difficult to pin point the eyes.
Hope this makes sense
Yes. Answering your question is actually what I was trying to say in my earlier post. I had no trouble focusing on my daughters eyes last night with the finer matrix. I'm coming from K20D experience so everything is awesome at the moment.

06-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #17

Randy, I have to agree with both Dan & jawsy, using centre point focus it is very easy to pick your point of focus. The last several days I have been shooting a pair of swans and 2 signets in a swamp, lots of bull rushes and fallen trees, just by moving a fraction the K3 locks on to what I want. If you would like to test drive mine some day let me know.
Dave
06-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jawsy Quote
Yes. Answering your question is actually what I was trying to say in my earlier post. I had no trouble focusing on my daughters eyes last night with the finer matrix. I'm coming from K20D experience so everything is awesome at the moment.
QuoteOriginally posted by originalwinger Quote
Randy, I have to agree with both Dan & jawsy, using centre point focus it is very easy to pick your point of focus.
Yes, fine control of focus point is possible when using center only, but distance to subject, taking aperture, and DOF will determine if the selectivity is adequate for the intended task.

Steve