Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 06:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay so I had it on focus priority in the user mode, meaning it didn't shoot when it wasn't in focus, correct? so maybe I just noticed it going out of focus while taking the photos? LOL, or maybe my memory is really starting to fail me :-(

I made no adjustment on this image, this was just brought into lightroom and exported to jpg. This part of the dance is where the little focus jumped around a lot in the viewfinder, I assume because they were close together. Settings were AF-c, focus priority in af.c, first frame action focus-priority in af.c, af hold status medium (I admit I never knew about that function, so next time I will use high, I think medium was just default setting) 60mm, f/5.6, 1/1000, iso 8000. I had it on expandable area select (it says SEL at the top instead of Auto, right?) I also used back button focus, if that makes a difference. af-c setting was high

It was my first time shooting with it, so I don't have anything to compare it too and maybe I pushed the limits of what it could do? I used the k1000 and I understood that, and I had a nikon d200 and never liked the camera so I never used it that much, so I do feel like I stumble along learning all the auto features on the K-3.

I definitely know I need a faster lens. It's on my list!

Last edited by Murfy; 07-01-2015 at 03:49 PM.