Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #1

Any news on the K3 II recall?

I just bought a K3 II less than 2 weeks ago. My model is indicated as one that should be looked at although its been working fine (almost 2k snaps).

Really don't want to be without a camera for 1-3 months. So, waiting to hear how the 'recall' is going. Anyone know? Thanks.

07-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MyTZuS Quote
I just bought a K3 II less than 2 weeks ago. My model is indicated as one that should be looked at although its been working fine (almost 2k snaps).

Really don't want to be without a camera for 1-3 months. So, waiting to hear how the 'recall' is going. Anyone know? Thanks.
cali92rs, says:

"So, even though my K-3II is one of the potentially effected bodies that Ricoh sent out a service advisory for, I decided to not send it back because I have a vacation coming and I really want this camera to be with me. The Ricoh service rep said that the 1 year manufacturer warranty will cover me so that should give it enough time to pop up if it will. Luckily, i played around with the GPS, couldn't get it to lock up, and also turned it on/off dozens of times and it turned off."

Here -> https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/299709-k-3ii-first-impressions.html

Can be good to get contact with service for procedure.

Best!
07-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MyTZuS Quote

It's not really a recall, but I guess we should wait for user reports of (a) repair turnaround times and (b) receiving new units from retailers that aren't affected by the issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-16-2015, 08:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
I'm hoping someone shares their experience here.

07-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had to chase the K3ii I had on order as it was taking ages from the Australian distributor.
here is the message I got back.

"I have been advised that there was a re-call on these camera’s from overseas. Your order was stopped due to this reason.
I’ve been informed by the product manager that stock is on it’s way back to us and will be here no later than 10 days. "

I will obviously be checking when it arrives, but it seems here at least all the cameras were pulled and checked. (or this rep doesn't know what they're talking about).