Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 10:06 AM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by percy Quote
I'm pretty sure you can just install an older version. I've not done it myself but have heard of others who have done so when they've had problems with an update.
Yes, you can apparently revert with some models, but if the update or the reversion fails, the camera is bricked.

Steve

07-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Difficult to say. Just about every time there is a new update, we get questions on this site regarding cameras that were apparently "snoozin" without giving any indication of a successful update. I have never had this problem. Every time I have done an update it finishes very quickly.

Steve
I don't think it auto off as half presses etc do not waken.

The Pentax firmware end sequence is

1 display 'completed' for about 1 sec
2 power off camera

if you miss the completed your camera appears dead until you power cycle.
07-25-2015, 01:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes, you can apparently revert with some models, but if the update or the reversion fails, the camera is bricked.

Steve
Thank you Steve, that's what I was most concerned about. Sometimes I think it's best to wait a month or so and start looking around on forums to see if others are having issues before jumping into uploading the latest versions.

---------- Post added 07-25-15 at 04:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
I don't think it auto off as half presses etc do not waken.

The Pentax firmware end sequence is

1 display 'completed' for about 1 sec
2 power off camera

if you miss the completed your camera appears dead until you power cycle.
That was part of my problem awaldram I walked away for a few minutes in the beginning when it first started uploading and not knowing how long it takes, my expectation was since it wouldn't allow me to start the process without a full battery load that it was going to take quite awhile for it to upload and patch, as to my surprise though when I came back the monitor was black and of course this being my first digital camera I panicked especially after reading issues that others had that they had to send it in to be repaired due to other reasons.