Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Reports on K-3ii Service Advisory Repair

Has anyone sent their camera in for the the repair recommended in the advisory yet? If you have done so have you received it back (probably too soon for that) or had any communication from Precision? It might be useful to keep track of the repairs here.

07-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I sent mine in to have it checked out. Precision received it Friday the 17th. Have not had any communication back for them yet.
07-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just an FYI. I sent my K-3 to Precision for some warranty work. It arrived at Precision on Monday the 14th and left Precision today headed back to me. There was an issue when they received it due to me sending it a week after the warranty expired. I had talked to Pentax about the issues before the warranty expired and asked them if I could wait until after the 4th of July weekend and they told me it would OK to do that. It did take one call to Pentax to get Precision the authorization to do the work under warranty. Once that was done my camera was repaired and is on the way home. Should be here Monday. Other than that I never heard from Precision at all. You can check the status of your camera on their web site.

Precision Camera | Repair Status Lookup

The Cable Release Socket quit working properly for some reason and I asked them to do the shutter overrun fix also. Can't wait to get it back!!!
07-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is good news. The turn around time is very reasonable. Thanks for the update.

07-24-2015, 07:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

That is good news but points to consider - 1) The camera was a K3 not K3ii 2) Ricoh was directly involved. It remains to be seen how well Precision handles the service advisory. Let's hope they have a large stock of the parts on-hand needed for the repair so there is no "waiting for parts" blackhole.
07-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
That is good news but points to consider - 1) The camera was a K3 not K3ii 2) Ricoh was directly involved. It remains to be seen how well Precision handles the service advisory. Let's hope they have a large stock of the parts on-hand needed for the repair so there is no "waiting for parts" blackhole.
Agreed. It is good news because there was so much negative comment early on in the switch to Precision from CRIS. I emailed them a couple of days after the advisory came out to ask if they were prepared for the repair and if not how soon would they be ready but they never responded. They still do not list the K-3ii in their repair order drop down menu so we would have to pick "My Camera is not listed" if we send it in.
07-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Agreed. It is good news because there was so much negative comment early on in the switch to Precision from CRIS.
True enough. There have been a number of positive experiences about Precision posted recently. As dissatisfied people are more likely to speak up we get a skewed impression. "A post ONLY your positive (or satisfactory) experiences with Precision" thread would soon get bombarded by posts with people with axes to grind.

Anyway, from now on I'll refrain from filling up this thread with mostly off-topic discussion
07-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
No problem. I thought your post was right on target.

07-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice to hear. Last six times I sent in any Pentax gear for repair, average repair time (not including shipping) was 8 weeks.

Makes me pretty uneasy with sending any of my gear that is not exhibiting an issue.
(well, that and the last camera repair ruined the weather seals and consequently the camera -- pre-Precision era, of course)
07-29-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
Pentaxian

See this post/thread. Seems to me the threads should be merged.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/300327-turnaround-time-k3ii-repair.html