Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Anyone can be a professional bullshi**er too.

07-21-2015, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jkomp316 Quote
The only thing I'm a pro at is procrastination.
07-22-2015, 03:13 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
That's one way to read it.

---------- Post added 07-21-2015 at 07:08 PM ----------

Still, when Canikon can focus, it probably focuses faster than Pentax in low light.

And astrotracer? I never use it. It may be a great technical achievement, but it's also a niche.

Not saying Canikon is better or anything. Just saying he can have an opinion. And if he finds another brand more refined for the way he uses the camera (I think that's what he's saying), why is that a problem?
A K3 focuses as fast as Canon/Nikon in AF-S mode. It is in AF-C mode that it struggles. On the other hand, Phil is right that the K3 and K5 II are designed to focus in lower light than most Canon/Nikon APS-C models available can focus in. It is pretty amazing how they grab focus when it is virtually dark.

The whole astro tracer thing is a red herring. It is that fact that Pentax has chosen to have in body image stabilization that a lot of Pentax's stand out features happen. Besides the fact that you can have a stabilized 50mm f1.2 ancient prime, you have the ability to shift the sensor, allow the camera to straighten your photos, and use an astro tracer. These are things that Canon/Nikon camera can't/don't do. As to whether or not you use any of them, I don't know, but it is nice to have them.

As to Ken Rockwell, of course he is entitled to have an opinion. But hopefully it is an opinion based on fact. When he writes a whole little essay about how the boxes that Pentax cameras come in reveal that they are cheap, crappy cameras, it makes you wonder a little bit.
07-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #34
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jkomp316 Quote
I keep waiting for my first check...

Steve

07-22-2015, 11:22 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The only reason to click on his link is because you enjoy reading some dude's masturbation.

Once was one too many times for me.
And with his ever extended other hand asking for a $5 donation through PayPal to watch !
07-23-2015, 03:20 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Confucius say .... "to write shit, first need to be full of it"
07-23-2015, 05:02 AM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

This thread just vindicates the approach KR has been taking to his web content for years - be bold and outlandish if you want to get noticed.

If he wrote in the style of a careful bureaucrat, his site would get 1% of the visitors (and backlinks) that it currently gets. And would never generate enough money to pay for his very comfortable lifestyle.

07-23-2015, 05:05 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If he wrote in the style of a careful bureaucrat, his site would get 1% of the visitors (and backlinks) that it currently gets. And would never generate enough money to pay for his very comfortable lifestyle.
exactly, this thread generate a huge traffic to his site right now ^^
07-23-2015, 05:14 AM   #39
Veteran Member

As I've mentioned in another thread, his attitude towards Pentax is downright schizophrenic. On the one hand, he knocks the K-3 box. On the other hand, he raves about the tactile feel of the 645 A series lenses like the most rabid of Pentax fanboys. In other parts of his Pentax lens reviews, he muses that if he'd been exposed to those lenses in the mid-80s while switching from Canon, he might've gone Pentax instead of Nikon.

It's almost as if he lets his guard down when he thinks nobody is looking. I can actually sense palpable excitement for certain Pentax items in his reviews. Then he catches himself and starts blubbering about the K-3 being gimmicky. LOLOL
07-23-2015, 05:55 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
his attitude towards Pentax is downright schizophrenic. On the one hand, he knocks the K-3 box. On the other hand, he raves about the tactile feel of the 645 A series lenses like the most rabid of Pentax fanboys. In other parts of his Pentax lens reviews, he muses that if he'd been exposed to those lenses in the mid-80s while switching from Canon, he might've gone Pentax instead of Nikon.
my attitude to camera's is the same, I hate camera *A, then several cameras later i use camera *A and love it, then play with several other cameras, and use camera *A and remember what i didn't like about it... but one thing i know is the more cameras you play with the harder it is to be bias due to the fact that manufactures are always trying something different with each product.

on a side note i really love the k10d it just felt right in my hand and ticked all my boxes, selling it was a big mistake, I've tried others (*ist DL, K-x, K30, KS-1) didn't like'em
07-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
And with his ever extended other hand asking for a $5 donation through PayPal to watch !
He is forced to do that by the ever increasing size of his family!

Steve
07-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
He is forced to do that by the ever increasing size of his family!

Steve
Not the ever increasing size of his head?
07-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Ken Rockwell is even funnier than New Camera News.
07-23-2015, 09:46 AM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Ken Rockwell is even funnier than New Camera News.
At least New Camera News admits that it's fake...
07-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #45

Photos: Albums
K-3 not sharp as 5Ds ???

QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
While it's not as sharp as my 50 MP Canon 5DS, the 24MP images made with this feature
?
Why?
24 MP APS-C -> 56 MP FF

It should be at least equally sharp.