Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
World's better (rolls eyes)? I don't think so, not at equal kit cost for comparison, particularly with the 70D. Pair the D7100/D7200 with one of Nikon's fast focusing OS lenses ($$$) and you have a sweet system for active sports shooting. Pit either against the K-3 for landscape, architectural, or portraiture and its a draw. As for the 70D...nice camera, but I would only take it over the K-3 if video were a priority (see Imaging Resources comparison for the two cameras). Heck, the camera has scene modes (rolls eyes again).

BTW...I actually like Ken Rockwell.

Steve
Yep my eyes rolled twice when I read that:
"It is more primitive than the current Nikon and Canon cameras, whose color and tone are also fantastic. If you're already invested in Pentax, by all means get one, but if this is a first DSLR, the Nikon D7100 or D7200 is worlds better in actual use, as are the similar Canon DSLRs like the 70D."

I find it very hard to put the feature set of the K3/II beneath those cameras. It's a far advanced camera in almost every way. A truly bizarre comment.

07-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I find it very hard to put the feature set of the K3/II beneath those cameras.
K3 won the TIPA award for a reason
07-28-2015, 05:29 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
Perhaps you are all right and he is a biased fanboy etc etc etc. Then this is probably not the topic for me anymore. I can't get myself to worry about what someone else says about the brand of cameras I use. I can do more useful things with my time.
Then why did you spend so much time defending him?
07-28-2015, 05:32 AM   #79
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Then why did you spend so much time defending him?
Because I believe that people can say whatever they want, be it in a "review" or not. If that leads to the review not being useful for you, that's another matter.

07-28-2015, 05:43 AM   #80
Veteran Member

Because I believe that people can say whatever they want, be it in a "review" or not. If that leads to the review not being useful for you, that's another matter.
Nobody is trying to silence him. He's free to say what he wants, and we're free to interpret his thoughts.
07-28-2015, 06:45 AM   #81
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
Nobody is trying to silence him. He's free to say what he wants, and we're free to interpret his thoughts.
I am also free to choose to interpret his words differently.

And I'm a really nice guy.

edit: But mostly though, I find some of what he writes to be refreshing. Which is something different from me always agreeing with it. In fact, what would be the point of reading something I agree with 100%, something that doesn't tell me anything new?

Last edited by starbase218; 07-28-2015 at 10:39 AM.
07-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #82
Veteran Member

And I'm a really nice guy.
You're a Pentaxian. That tends to be the case

07-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want to see anyone who is capable of defending this:

Pentax 645D

When the 645D came out, he wrote a scathing review of a camera he admitted he never even saw in person. Never used it, yet it sucks and is confusing to use and has useless features, the 11-point AF system is useless, blah blah blah.

He does a lot of stuff like this. Especially when it's not a Canikon that he's talking about.
07-28-2015, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I want to see anyone who is capable of defending this:

Pentax 645D

When the 645D came out, he wrote a scathing review of a camera he admitted he never even saw in person. Never used it, yet it sucks and is confusing to use and has useless features, the 11-point AF system is useless, blah blah blah.

He does a lot of stuff like this. Especially when it's not a Canikon that he's talking about.
"whaaa whaaaa, 77-segment metering? 11-point AF, phooey. A pro-level camera should have just ONE of each and should be devoid of any modern conveniences. Although the IQ kills every digital FF out there, the quality of the cardboard box is probably cheap...at least according to the thumbnail pic on Adorama...Now please help me help you. Operators are standing by to receive your $$ donations..." - KR, 2010
07-28-2015, 09:42 AM - 4 Likes   #85
Pentaxian

you know what, I actually disagree. I believe every human on the planet should hold himself to some level of ethics. Honesty and truth rate higher than "freedom do to anything" in my book. And that's even more important when you have an audience and are aware of it.
07-28-2015, 10:34 AM   #86
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
you know what, I actually disagree. I believe every human on the planet should hold himself to some level of ethics. Honesty and truth rate higher than "freedom do to anything" in my book. And that's even more important when you have an audience and are aware of it.
It's a good thing then that I owe you nothing. In fact I owe nobody nothing. It is the beginning of happyness. I realized that when I spent 6 months abroad. If I was going to make that a success (I didn't know anybody there), I had to stay true to myself in everything, instead of doing what I was "expected" to do. I felt truly free. And talking about truth: I wasn't scared of being truthful either, even when that truth was inconvenient or uneasy. Because that also was the only way it would be a success.

As long as I don't harm anyone, I can do whatever I like. Correction: I should do whatever I like. Otherwise I'm wasting time. There are only a few givens in this life: the ball beneath you is where you stand on (and since other people are standing on it as well, please try to preserve it), the air that you breath keeps you alive. You need food and sleep every now and then. Go have fun! Connect, explore, etc. Feel connected.

Anyway, why did you bring up honesty? have you seen Ken Rockwell lie about something (and being aware of it)? I haven't.

Last edited by starbase218; 07-28-2015 at 10:46 AM.
07-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #87
Pentaxian

:: This is Echo Base to star base 218::

:: We've got a Romulan Warbird entering the neutral space::

:: Suggest you take evasive action::

::Over::

---------- Post added 07-28-15 at 12:48 PM ----------

:: Echo Base to Star base 218::

:: We've got an I.D. on that Romulan Warbird::

:: Call sign bdery::

:: Shields UP! ::
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #88
Pentaxian

I look at a lot of different reviews of camera equipment both pro and con on any new equipment. Some I find credible, some I don't.
07-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #89
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Some funny Star Trek stuff
Yeah, phasers charged and ready.

No, seriously, I have nothing against him or anything. But I do think we look at things very differently. Which is ok. If the way he looks at things makes him happy, he should do that. Because otherwise, he's wasting time.

I just hope it does.

---------- Post added 07-28-2015 at 09:00 PM ----------

It just occurred to me though: some guy on the internet might have written something that's not entirely true. Anything more is what you make of it. And this is the, what, 6th page we're talking about it?

Seems like an awful waste of time to me.

Last edited by starbase218; 07-28-2015 at 12:06 PM.
07-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #90
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As long as I don't harm anyone
The problem is that when people like Ken Rockwell spread lies and misinformation, they're hurting companies and most importantly, the people that work in them.