Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2015, 04:49 AM   #1

K-3 II in Australia

Anyone from Australia purchased the K-3 II following the recent recall? I notice the "Warehouse" has them in stock but no response as to the serial numbers involved and whether its pre-recall stock. Petax.com.au has them on pre-order with no indication of the likely arrival of the new stock. Travelling overseas at the end of August and keen to replace the K7 I have prior to then. Any information from locals would be appreciated.

07-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just give CRK's melbourne HQ a call and ask them. Or ask your question directly on the Pentax Australia Facebook page. Either one will likely give you a reasonably prompt and authoritative reply.
07-23-2015, 06:08 AM   #3
Forum Member

I was told last week they were hoping for a shipment of k3 ii's in 2-3 weeks.
07-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atomx Quote
I was told last week they were hoping for a shipment of k3 ii's in 2-3 weeks.
This would lead me to believe that the only stock we have in the US is old, suspect SNs since it takes so long to replenish AU.

07-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Just give CRK's melbourne HQ a call and ask them. Or ask your question directly on the Pentax Australia Facebook page. Either one will likely give you a reasonably prompt and authoritative reply.
Thanks for the responses. CRK Melbourne advised that the shipment of Pentax K-3 II's is leaving Japan soon, hopefully early next week. Agreed that if I ordered online and the camera didn't arrive prior to my departure overseas then I would get my money refunded. Suggested I could discuss with retailers advertising in Australia and check the serial numbers against the recall PDF.